Injections for English

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by 84Hutch, Jan 19, 2009.

1. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    We've got some amazing English friends but I get very insulted when people call us English. We are very very proud to be Welsh. My daughter even attends a Welsh university in Aberystwyth. xxx

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    ive really enjoyed this thread. im from the us myself, and darn proud of it. if people stop being proud of thiere own country, then its a sad day for that country.

3. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So we have being going to Cancun for about 7 years now, and never have gotten any shots. This week I went to give blood, my first time. They said they couldn't take it as I had been to Cancun within less than a year. They are flaged for Malaria.

4. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1

Was told the same thing because we had left the resort (booze cruise)...but the Canadian Blood Services keep calling me to give blood even though they know that we go to both Cancun (and leave the resort) and go to Jamaica. They did say as long as we are on the resort we can give blood...a couple of trips we were eaten alive in Paty O's...by mosquitos btw, lol.

5. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0

Everytime I see this it makes me laugh.. just had to say...:aktion069:

6. hcube

hcube Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been regularly giving blood after going to TTR. If I am not mistaken they even looked up the island that we go to on the Boobs Cruise and said that was OK as long as we did not go out of Cancun ie. into the jungle. I have thought about that a few times walking on the beach past the swamps if you can call them that.

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    We looked into this fairly in depth when we moved over here from the UK. I dont think much has changed even though it was getting on for 7 years ago.

Certainly, there are no "required" jabs either by Mexico nor by the UK. There are some recommended ones which are entirely optional, and the earlier advice in the post (below) is the same as we received from our Doctor:

8. IndyGirl

IndyGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I don't know, but I have never given blood and my first try they said no. They didn't ask about where I go while I'm there. We always stay mostly at TTR, may do some shopping but we never have gone into the jungle.

The thing is my son who is afraid of needles gave blood and got a autographed football from the Colts players. He asked if I have ever given, and I told him no. He said why not? So I thought I should do it since he did and is afraid of needles. Then I try and they won't let me. Did get a Colts T-shirt.

9. hcube

hcube Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't give up. I was talking about giving blood through the American Red Cross. Maybe you were with some other organization.

10. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    I am a RN with a large Midwest blood bank (not ARC). I travel all over Iowa, Illinois and Missouri. I can tell you that we do not defer you if you have traveled to Cancun or anywhere in that area. If you go as far south as Costa Maya, then you will be deferred for malarial travel. A few years ago, Cancun was on the list but it has since been lifted.

Hcube...you should give blood to MVRBC. All of our blood goes to local hospitals and to our troops, if there is a call for need. :icon_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice