Inexpensive Family Restaurants

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Mark8076, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Mark8076

Mark8076 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be staying at the Salvia Condos in the heart of the Party Zone. Are there any reasonably priced restaurants for the whole family nearby? We will have 5 kids with us.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Inexpensive and heart of the party center don't go well together. None that I can think of, but we dont go out that way very much so may be behind the times.

3. Trina

Trina Cancuncare Staff Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Just 1 block to the left as you exit Salvia is Surfin Burrito. My family stays at the Salvia when they come to town and we probably eat at Surfin Burrito 5 times in a week!

I agree with Steve, it is hard to find inexpensive restaurants in that area. Sometimes the snackshop at the Salvia is open and the prices aren't terrible.

If you get the 2x1 card you can use it at Carlos N Charlies, right next door to Salvia. Cancun Discount Card Here are the list of restaurants: 2x1 Card Discount Restaurant List

Seahorse, if it is still open, is a further walk, about 10 minutes or 15 with kids. As you exit the Salvia go to the right and cross the street.

4. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is also taco factory in the alleyway towards mcdonalds.

5. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Seahorse still is open.

Taking a right from Salvia, on the backside of the Convention Center, there is a VIPS.

Going around the Convention Center there are a few more places that may work for you.

Calypso's

Ty~Coz

Casa Tequila

Across the BLVD from the front of Convention Center is Mextreme.

A bus ride south to the La Isla Mall there's an Italiani's that has huge portions and allows sharing.

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Surfin Burrito. Ate there today. It's across from Sr Frogs and has like 3 long bar hi tables. My buddy had 3 tacos and I had a burrito (you get choice of those two) and 2 waters and it was $148 pesos plus tip.

My go to place for a quick, good, cheap sandwich is Ty Coz. I ate there last week so that's twice in a week and for me to go to the HZ is rare. Ty Coz has a sandwich, on a baguette, called the Economica for $15 pesos. You can also spend $50 and those are really good. Baguettes and Croissants. They have a few outside tables that seat 4 but you can usually steal a chair from another table.

So I can recommend these two places. Sr. Frogs is ok for earlier in the day for kids but it can get crazy when the sun goes down. Not deadly expensive but certainly not cheap.

7. Trina

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Right...super cheap is Tycos sandwiches - I get the Chicken croissant for $48 pesos and it is a big sandwich.

Sr. Frogs for lunch is not deadly expensive and the kids like it.

Hard Rock (next door to Salvia) is consistently good food with decent prices. Also Chili's in the same Plaza Forum next to Salvia.

8. SCMcons

SCMcons Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are some family restaurants in a small strip mall around KM 7.5. The mall is across from the El Presidente hotel. I like El Comalito for mexican, Los de Pescado for ceviche and Fish tacos. There are others that I have not tried that also look good. There is a small grocery store in this strip as well.

9. Trina

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Oh, right! There is also Sushi Hero and El Padrino's pizza in that plaza too. Right across from Presidente Hotel. We like that spot because you can order from both menus so that helps when we can't all agree on what to eat.

10. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you can even order Surfin Burrito from Padrino's and Sushi Hero.. and vice versa and they will deliver. I have seen Padrinos at SB. What a buffet of great food

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice