immigrant visa

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CharlesinCancun, Feb 29, 2012.

1. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "word on the street" is that the U.S. govt. is going to
    allow the embassy in D.F. to issue immigrant visas instead
    of having to go to Cuidad Juarez

anyone know if they have started this or any truth to it

2. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well I got my answer from the Embassy in D.F. , looks like it hasn't happened yet. I just find it hard to believe that the only place to get the visa is Juarez. I spoke with a police officer here in Texas and he went thru the same process with his wife.

He paid a company to pick him up in Texas in an unmarked van, transport him into Juarez and they provided a secure house and transportation to and from the Embassy every day. they also helped him when the Embassy sent the letter , by DHL , by providing an address.

seems like they should be able to issue the visas from more secure cities , like Merida or D.F. , but that is the U.S. govt for ya.

here is the email from D.F.

The US Embassy in Mexico City is processing Immigrant visas only for Adoption Cases and the F4 family preference category. All other categories are still being processed in the American Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez Mexico.

We hope this information will be useful

Sincerely,

US Embassy Mexico City
    Immigrant visa Section
    Mexico City

3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You'd think that they'd also do it in a city that is more centrally located, no? We were lucky that we did the process in Juarez 4.5 years ago, when it wasn't downright terrifying to go to Juarez.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice