Illness all over Cancun, not just TTR

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bill & D'Anne, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Bill & D'Anne

Bill & D'Anne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Just got back tonight, 1st time in four trips to TTR for getting ill (both of us) there were quite a few others complaining at resort of same illness. Plane ride home however tonight over heard lots of people from other resorts complaining of same illness so not just TTR. So is it a nori virus ? Food or water illness ?

2. comanchecouple

comanchecouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    what are the symptoms?

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Often known as the Cancun Plague.

Cause is, excess of cheap alcohol, different food, less hours sleep, air conditioning, more sun.

It's just part of the price of a vacation in Cancun. But worth every penny.

4. Bill & D'Anne

Bill & D'Anne Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Actually was sick within 24 hours of arrival, lasted all week with nausea main culprit. Not alcohol induced lol:beer4:

5. Edward-Alli

Edward-Alli Photofucker Registered Member

Ratings:
    +287 / 7
    Damn again, hopefully gone by May, was sick last year with nasty chest cold that swept through the resort. Took 2 weeks to recover

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    I have come to relieze social media may distort the true facts about the numbers of people that are sick. Does not mean at all that those people were not actually sick. (Its still good to spot a trend .)
    For example you get a group of 300 people go to a resort,, and 15 people get sick,, ( a respectful # given Steve's analogy) . 2 or 3 of those people go on their shared forum and share their ill experiences,,, next the other 12 see these posts and comment they were sick too,symtons always seem the same,, either flue , or respiratory. , next thing you know there was a supposedly viral outbreak at the resort they visited.
    Thing is the 285 healthy people don't get on the forum and say , hey I was healthy.

5 people coughing on a plane sounds like 100, cause your thinking of all the germs being recirculated.

That being said I will still bring my Lysol for the AC ducts , and sanitary wipes for the plane

7. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    It is a problem everywhere right now. Spent the last three days in urgent care, emergency and hospital here in philadelphia and they are just completely overwhelmed saying this year is worse than ever for variety and quantity of patients. Combine flu vaccine not being as effective, more than normal strep throat cases, stomach issues noro or whatever and common colds turning into false alarms out of fear of measles, chicken pox or flu due to what everyone hears in the media and the health centers, doctors, etc can't keep up. No fun.

8. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    And some of those illnesses may come from being cooped up on and airplane with sick people. Think of all the things your hands touch in an airport or on a plane.

9. DerekandKelsey

DerekandKelsey Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    Cancel your trips, everyone.

10. RayParis6

RayParis6 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    That's the reason I wipe down every part of my airplane seat and anything else We might come in contact with

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice