I Need some advice pronto!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ELLABEAR424, May 6, 2007.

1. ELLABEAR424

ELLABEAR424 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK,
    If given the choice would you

Fly Non Stop with Northwest

OR

Fly and make one stop in Fort Lauderdale with Spirit????

If you have a good reason why you would pick one over the other, please let me know.
    Thanks guys,
    EB

2. PEACHES123

PEACHES123 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    NON STOP all the way!!!

3. M&M

M&M Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is there a price difference?

If it were the same price, I'd definitely fly non-stop. It makes for a much smoother, less hassles trip.

Mike

4. bombdog

bombdog Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Always take the non-stop, reason is the less stops the less chance they have of loosing your baggage. Also Spirit is a profit co. for Delta meaning they are smaller aircraft with less leg room so they can charge less and stuff more passengers in each aircraft. Hope this helps.

5. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It depends. If they squeeze me between a brunette with big hooters and a blond with bigger ones, I'll take the longest possible route. Hopefully the one way trip will last a couple of weeks.

Not worried much about the 3 pair of socks, 3 pair of boxers, comb and an almost flat toothbrush I travel with.

Hope this helps.

6. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know about always, but all other things being equal (or even somewhat unequal) - I would agree that the non-stop is a lot less risky for luggage. (And NWA has a good luggage record to even add to that.)

Pure nonsense.
    Spirit outclasses NWA by every measure imaginable when it comes to passenger comfort. NWA has the oldest fleet, Spirit the newest.

All of that being said, except for situations that Martin already explained, direct flights rule, and in this instance (direct vs diversion to Florida - doubling the time for the trip) the race isn't even close. NWA with a direct wins.

7. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am sorry but who can deny the advice of Yoda?!?!?!?!?!

NWA it is!!!

Thanks guys.

And for you Martin,
    You are not gonna find any big hooters here!! I got the short end of the stick in that dept. :lol:

8. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've flown Spirirt and won't ever do it again! Worst flight ever! I will avoid them like the plague.....

Michelle

9. ELLABEAR424

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What was so bad about your experience?

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My parents almost always fly Spirit out of Detroit and have not had a bad experience. They have never used a "big" carrier, they always find better deals with Spirit, Funjet or Champion. Since they want to come as often as possible, cheaper is better! They arrive on Friday and I believe their tickets were less than $200 round trip, plus they bought on a "special" day and got two free tickets. Sign up for the bargain airlines newsletters and get advance notice of any specials. (My parents are flying round trip Detroit-Los Angeles for $17 per person!!!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice