How are the staff making out with current low occupancy?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by JanScott, May 9, 2009.

1. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    I am worried that with the low occupancy at TTR that a lot of staff are being temporarily laid off. These people work hard for us and have always ensured that each and every vaca we take at TTR is the best. We have come to look at these folks as part of our extended family.

I for one, am willing to contribute some money to help these awesome people out during this rough time. They have families just like us and are probably suffering financially from this current situation.

Now having said this; Steve is there any way that people can help if they are willing? Just wanted to put this out there...If you have any ideas please let me know. I realize that this could be an administarive nightmare to figure out but if there is a strong interest in helping out it might be feasible. Just a thought on my part here.

Unfortunately, we have had to cancel our trip next week due restrictions placed upon me by the Canadian military and I can't speak with you in person on this.

Comments / suggestions?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    This is a difficult one, apologies for the delay in responding.

Some staff are being laid off temporarily, I'm not sure exactly who and for how long. For various reasons I wouldnt be comfortable in collecting money myself to pass on to those affected. It would need to be distributed correctly and verified that it went to those who needed it the most.

I'm hoping the situation will resolve itself as quickly as it deteriorated. Nobody is going to starve over this, the best way we can help in my opinion is to avoid as far as you can in cancelling your vacation, to educate those around you where you work, where you live, that this is not Armageddon and especially, when you visit, to tip a little extra more than you might otherwise have.

When you do tip, please dont just think about bartenders and waiters. Remember the gardeners, the maids, the guy that collects the seaweed from the beach every morning at 6am. All are suffering right now.

3. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    No need to apologize Steve for the delay. I kind of figured that it would be near impossible to work something out in regards to what I was thinking. Just wanted to put it out there just in case someone had an idea of how this could be done if there was enough interest.

I wish we didn't have to cancel but my employer, the Department of National Defence, put a travel ban in place to prevent the possible wide spread of the virus in the military. Who am I to argue...especially since I can't, lol.

I hope all the layoffs are very temporary and that no one is suffering too much. I know we would have tipped extra if we were able to make it to help offset the low numbers.

Thanks again Steve :)

4. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If Lulu is still the shop steward( I guess thats what you call it), maybe it could be done through her. But it would be difficult to manage however you did it. And as far as telling people every thing is ok in Cancun, no body believes you! It is very surpising to here peoples' repylies when I tell the Mexico City almost the same distance from Cancun as we are, they have now clue how large Mexico is. And when I tell them that no one in Cancun is sick, they say look at all those people that got sick after the left Cancun. then I tell them no one is sick in Cancun so where did they get it? Then I have to tell them " you dont know where thoses planes that took them home came from" but they still dont believe Cancun is safe! Terry

5. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this is soooo true Terry...

I was at my doctor today for a check up, told him I was goin to Cancun, all he said was "have fun", dont fall down again..(hurt my knee last September) so if my doc is sayin its ok, then why all the worry???

5 long azzzz days left!!

6. dboyte

dboyte Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I have talked to Mario by e-mail but will talk to him a little more this weekend. I Suggested collecting the money and allowing him to handle distribution. If you are there find us at the sexy pool and I will update you on what I find out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice