Hotel Zone Restaurants (Budget)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by FloridaFun, Aug 26, 2010.

1. FloridaFun

FloridaFun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Hi all, Staying in Hotel Zone km 9 area (party central) in December, renting 2 condos..looking for inexpensive places for lunch and dinner...family of 4 plus 2 other cpls....NO major American "chain" restaurants though, I can have that here in Florida...I heard about the Taco Factory, any other small no-frills places we can try? Thanks.

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a very cheap place that does lovely burritos in the HZ, last time we went they were 40-45 pesos and includes rice and beans, it's right behind Sweet club, basically walk past Terrasta Bar as if you were heading in the direction of Senor Frogs, then go right and there's a little path that goes behind the market, it's your first restaurant on the left as you get to the other side, beers are only 15 pesos too!

3. FloridaFun

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Thanks...I wonder if that's the Taco Factory I mentioned? I heard it was in an alley between Dady O (is that Sweet now?) and the Dos Equis Bar....I will check it out either way.

4. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's another place, that's further down and a LOT more expensive, probably 30 pesos a small taco and 50 pesos a beer, whereas the other place is a full meal for 45 pesos! Dady O is still there, Sweet is where Dady Rock used to be, so basically if your facing Senor Frogs direction, walk past Dady O, past Sweet, past Terrasta bar, past Shines Bar then right, down a smaller alley, with all those shops where the guys shout at you to come in and pay over the odds for trinkets to your left, if you was to carry on walking you would end up on the other side of the main road but with the cards heading towards Senor Frogs/Pat O'Briens etc.

5. Razor

Razor Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Is this in the Coral Negro Market? We'll be there again in October and I'd like to try it.

6. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah that's the name, it's right in the corner.

7. FloridaFun

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Oh ok, I've been to Coral Negro (a few yrs ago) , I have an idea where it is..Thanks SO much, we will definately go there a couple times!

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the place being referred to is called "Xtabentun". They're open super late night, great for after-disco food. A lot of waiters and bar staff go there after their shifts, good prices. I would also check out the Surfin' Burrito, across the street from SeƱor Frogs. Not quite as cheap, but still not a luxury restaurant, the burritos are AWESOME.

9. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I also recommend hopping on a bus and heading down to Fish Fritanga. It's between Plaza la Isla and Plaza Kukulkan, on the lagoon side (across from the police station). Their little garden on the lagoon is a gorgeous setting, good seafood and not outrageously priced. I think you can still get pescadillas for 10 or 12 pesos, seafood cocktails around 100 pesos. Play area for the kids too. It's a fave of ours.

10. FloridaFun

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Thanks! i will add this one and the other suggestion you posted to my "list"...this sounds like a great place to go and I've actually never been on this side of the hotel zone, I want to check out Plaza La Isla too for sure...sounds like we got a different place to go for each night as it will be a short trip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice