Holiday Inn Cancun Arena

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by flyinmonkey, Jan 7, 2007.

1. flyinmonkey

flyinmonkey Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was the Barcelo Club las Perlas. I understand that it has been completely remodeled. Does anyone have any updated info on this property? First trip to Cancun, looking to go at the end of Jan for 5 nights and I have gotten a good deal I believe. (2 rooms, 5 nights, 5 ppl for $1980 USD.) I have a comparable quote from Royal Solaris ($2080 USD), but I have to sit through a sales promotion. Any advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. flyinmonkey

flyinmonkey Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know, not much to go on. The people at the 800 number only knew that it has been in the system for a few months and that it was completely remodeled and just recently reopened. I found a couple post on some other sites that said it looked great from the outside, but no one has had experience with it yet. The rates are pretty good, (about $80 USD per night AI if you prepay full amount 14 days in advance) but we decided to take the deal at Royal Solaris. I will check out the H.I. while there and let people know about it.

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    thanks!

5. TheBman

TheBman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As far as I know there are 2 Holiday Inns down there. The holiday Inn and the Express. I hear the actual Holiday Inn is all inclusve, but it's lagoon side, so no beach. You'd have to us the public beach, but it's walking distance to everything

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I've only seen it from the outside while driving by but it looks impressive, far better and bigger than the previous Las Perlas

7. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is the "new" Holiday Inn, used to be Barcelo Las Perlas. It's on the ocean, on the top of the seven, pretty close to the entrance to downtown. Driving by it does look like they've done a LOT of work. Hopefully they have improved service and food as those were complaints about Las Perlas in the past.

8. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I took the pup for a run on the beach I saw the back side of the hotel. There are two parts to it. The side with the pool appears to already have guests in it. If you don't care much about the grounds or the construction and just want a cheap place to stay I'd say go there now. But really, it's not very finished looking. So if you're looking for an over-all vacation experience...stay at a hotel that is actually finished.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice