Hi, i'm new...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by colin, Apr 26, 2007.

1. colin

colin Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm off to Cancun on the 13th of May with Mrs...

Just wanted to know how we've done on our deal and some general info.

paid just over £1000 each for 2 weeks all inclusive, staying at the Barcelo Tucancun.

All transfers, in-flight meals and insurance is included...

Also, my Mrs is hell-bent on swimming with dolphins, whats the best place in the whole of Mexico... ? Although we're staying in Cancun, we don't mind travelling. Wheteher it be an included transfer, or driving...

Which leads me on to my next question, car-hire... How much am I looking to be spending for 2 weeks car-hire, not bothered about the model, aslong as it don't break down etc etc...

Oh, lastly... As we're coming from london, it's going to be one nasty flight, and the longest we've ever been on. Any tips, vallium ?

cheers . . .

2. claire

claire Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello! welcome!

my tip is to drink loads before the flight... (even if it is 6am and you have had no sleep for 24 hours) it works!
    also avoid sitting next to a destructable human being who almost caused an electrical fault
    on the plane by pulling the TV out of the seat infront :shock:

£1000 is good for the tucancun!! stayed there it was amazing!

3. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    First off, welcome!! Secondly, If you are going to swim with dolphins, I would suggest the La Isla mall, they have an outdoor aquarium there, its wonderful!!! They do an amazing job!! Lastly, cancun isn't that big, and the bus system runs 24 hours a day, you can catch a bus every few seconds, its 65 cents, avoid renting a car!!

4. claire

claire Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah if you have ever played the game Crazy Taxi, you will probably
    want to avoid driving over there, i swear its just like that game! hehe

5. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes unless you are planning loads of day trips on your own. YOu don't need a car down there. The buses are great and much more cheaper...They are your best bet. And you are close to t hings such as the mall and such when you are at the Tucancun

WElcome BTW :lol:

6. Nerd Dawg

Nerd Dawg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WEL :headbanger: COME

7. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I suggest a day trip (at least half day) to Isla Mujeres for the dolphin swim. Dolphin Discovery is the people you go through, click on 'swim with dolphins' at the very bottom of this screen, the site owner, Steve has some good info for you there.

Since you are staying in Cancun on the main strip, I wouldn't rent a vehicle for every day that you are there....only when you want to go out and about on your own. There is an awesome (and cheap) bus system that takes you up and down the main strip and into town to the market. Definitely something you must experience. lol

8. Sol_Gemma

Sol_Gemma Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello! me and claire stayed at the tucancun in 2005 its brilliant

9. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the family... Swimming with dolphins was awesome.. I went to XCARET on a trip, so that is where I went swimming with dolphins.. You'll have a wonderful time in Cancun... We expect a trip report and pictures after you get back..

HAVE A GOOD ONE!!!

10. colin

colin Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the tips, i'm definately going to spend a day in Isla Mujeres, everyone seems to be reccommending it.

I'll be avoiding car rental aswell by the sounds of it, LOL !

Is it purely RnB out their in the clubs ? Or is their a chance of me hearing any Dance Music ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice