Help! Looking for accomodation for sept

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancuna, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Cancuna

Cancuna Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hola!
    Anyone know of a room rental or apt share (short term) for when I arrive (Sept 1)? A quiet, bright, furnished room will do. At least till I find myself long-term accomodation. Or I'd accept to share a nice place for the initial months.

Please help!
    Gracias.

2. Wademan69

Wademan69 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Cancuna. I found this 1 bedroom furnished flat for rent for around $373 US per month. They require an initial deposit immediately and the first months rent upon arrival. Here is a link to the site.. Furnished flat for rent in Cancun, Mexico - Chinchorro 10, 32, Cancun - VivaReal . I too will be heading to Cancun on Sept 3rd. I found a B&B from another user here on the forum so I thought I'd pass this info on to you. Hope this helps.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not trying to dis that location but the overwhelming majority of Americans, Canadians etc. avoid living north of Lopez Portillo. The location of this property is between Rutas 4 & 5.

Just my two pesos worth.

4. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  5. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe you are right Matt. My bad for looking at the rental agent's published map. The name sounded familiar but what do I know.

You are right. Who would want to live in my hood? A friend told me recently, quoting Field, or perhaps Chaplin, someone from that era anyway, "I would not want to be a member of any group that would accept me,"

6. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, I'd recommend staying in a hotel for the first week and looking around until you find soimething.

Quiet will be very hard to find...Mexico is a noisy place!

Also, in general, expect to pay more for short term rentals. I had luck finding places through real estate companies and also walking around neighborhoods looking for signs that they were renting.

There is an expat in Cancun group on Facebook and I believe some of the members have rental properties.

7. Kathleen-MD

Kathleen-MD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did Edmundo ever get back to you. He said he was waiting for you to get back to him for the penthouse rental unit.

8. Cancuna

Cancuna Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Edmundo is funny. Instead of replying to my questions, he seems to follow his own agenda. When I asked him if he had another apt cheaper, he replied with an offer of one more expensive.

When I arrive-I'll unfortunately have to go to some hotel- and then contact him & other rental administrators about visiting vacant apts.

But thanks K. and the others here for your help.

9. Kathleen-MD

Kathleen-MD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I believe the guy in the penthouse (1000 sq ft on the water) is leaving the end of September. I believe he was paying $4000 peso but I would have to check on that also.

THe other part of the house (2,400 sq ft on the water) was about $9,000 peso so was that what he was offering you? I believe that will be rented for 6 months but really not sure at this time

10. Cancuna

Cancuna Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes K. I'd be interested in the penthouse, namely smaller space.

I could perhaps wait, if you'd kindly find out the date it becomes available.

Oh, let's email privately, ok?

thanks, again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice