HELP! GP or TTR

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by mandyml10, Apr 7, 2015.

1. mandyml10

mandyml10 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! My husband and I will be coming June 2-9. Last year we did grand viva oasis with a group...it was awesome! This year it'll just be us. We are late 20 something's and have narrowed down to gp or TTR. Which one is best for our age group? Totally fine with being and seeing topless guests. I hear that TTR is crazy and gp is a bit more tame. Any feed back would be great!

2. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Go to TTR to Party & make new party friends

Go to GP to relax & tan and not talk to anyone!

3. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    I'd go to TTR!!! :xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs::xyxthumbs: You'll have FUN!!!

4. carcrz

carcrz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I agree with Lenni & Jodie. We went to GP on our first trip to Cancun. We had a good time & met great people, but the fun party wasn't there. We've been to TTR 3 times in the last year & a half now if that tells you anything.

5. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    We were in the same boat, and have chosen GP the last two years, and were more than happy with our choice. I did trip reports here and here.

The main reasons for our choice was the countless stories form TTR regulars that complained of the resorts poor condition, and the terrible beach. Those stories are the main reason GOV got so much attention the last few years, and why some are looking at Desire.

However, many people, and I don't blame them over look the bad for how much fun the sexy pool can be during the day. There is no comparison of the two places when the sun is up. Night time, I would call them more equal with Patyo's at TTR, and the Tiki bar at GP. I prefer the Tiki bar simply because it's outside, and on the beach, and that's why I go to Cancun.

In the end you need to decide what you want out of your vacation. If you want to be able to go at it 24/7 you will be disappointed at GP. We liked the superior beach, and what it had to offer. Another way to supplement your GP experience is to do the Boobs Cruise.

Each place has a lot to offer, heck all of Cancun does for that matter, but for adults only these really are the choices for the money.

6. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    I agree with restling.

GP has superior food, service and half of the rooms overlook the amazing gulf. No reservations required for any restaurant. The day and night bartenders are amazing. But usually, the party is much tamer. If you wish to go topless you may be the only one, or just one of many. Very hit and miss. The beach is out of this world...we have found that the people are friendly but more laid back.....

But if you want to party, enjoy a more outgoing crowd, party, see more of an adult fun spring break, this is the place. The resort is a bit tired but that does not detract from the atmosphere.

Really, it is what ever you are looking for. Both are very good. Hard to help more not knowing your ambitions. Best of luck and have fun.

The best part, no children at either. If you get splashed it,is likely to be an adult drunk person, not some running loose screaming brat.

7. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Send us a PM if you have more questions

8. CSHotcouple

CSHotcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We are going to give GP and shot in July...we had a blast at TTR last year but Steph loves the beach (which i hate) and TTR doesn't have much of one plus we would like to have a little better food than they offer. The Paty O will rock all night long but it gets very hot in there when its packed out.

9. linda_whittington

linda_whittington Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GP!!

We love GP. We have never been to TTR so I can't really compare but we are going to GP for the 2nd time this year in 5 days! We made amazing friends the last time we were there and actually just went to visit them for a weekend. So for the reviewer who said you won't make friends at GP that's not true. We are a couple in our early 30's party like we are in our 20's and had a blast! I highly recommend GP. The service is spectacular! The beach is beautiful! You will not be disappointed.

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    If you want a full-on fun party time vibe, you want to go to Temptation. Definitely!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice