Health Law Clarification

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by twinimini, Sep 29, 2010.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Okay, so I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of Obamacare, but there are a number of misconceptions floating around on the internet that need to be cleared up. The first one is that your health insurance is NOT going to be taxed. It is required to be reported on your W-2, but it is not being taxed. It is totally untrue that they are going to tax everyone's health insurance. The second big misconception is that any employer with more than 50 employees must PAY for health insurance for their employees. The law only mandates that they must PROVIDE it. In other words, they just have to make it available for their employees to sign up for and for the employees to pay for.

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey, hey, hey.. shhhh!

Don't you go around spreading those vile truths and clarifications this close to election time!.. candidates have already invested millions of their special interest dollars to prevent just this sort of thing.. who do you think you are rocking the boat? :icon_wink:

3. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Sorry Life. I should know better than to utilize truth this close to election time.:bash:

It really is amazing how much BS is floating around out there and it comes from both sides. Voting is simple this year.....throw the bums out!

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just wish I could believe the replacements will be any better... it always goes back and fourth, R's to D's and D's to R's and the same old B-S continues...

5. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    Anyone who has dabbled in witchcraft in their youth definitely has my vote!!!

6. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Seems logical to me. We need a little magic right now!

7. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    I look forward to all filibusters being ended by steel cage matches

8. rdubnpk

rdubnpk Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    rdubnpk
    I will freely admit that I have not a clue as to what the health care reform act includes, excludes, or whatever. The key is that the Republicans took the stand of being dead set against it from the outset, activated their propaganda machine to set the minds of all Americans against it (and, I would guess, most people are like me and haven't a clue whether it will be good for us or something from hell), and now have no choice but to continue to seek its demise. The other keys are that it was passed at the worst possible time and the Dems have, once again, failed in any way to effectively defend why it may be a good thing. I feel it will be repealed and some folks who might have been helped by it won't be. I also feel the health insurance industry that is making a ton of profit off the system will be haevily investing in the campaigns of the Republicans running for office.

9. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

The first fallout of Obamacare has just hit us. All of the three major health insurance carriers in our area have announced double digit increases in premiums for next year. Thanks Barack, those of us who pay for health insurance for our employees really need this!

10. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our insurance is going up also........ As a family of 8......... I'm horrifed!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice