Have you booked yet?

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Who is going to be the first to try out the new Grand Oasis Viva?

If you've booked post your dates here and when we have enough folks to separate by month we'll start some monthly roll calls.

2. midwestern

midwestern Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    We have not booked yet, but we will go take a tour on our trip in mid December... I think the place looks awesome. Depending on our tour we will probably book in April or May.......Pools open till Midnight is a huge plus !!! I will let everybody know how the tour goes hopefully with some photos......

3. slopoke3

slopoke3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    We will be staying at Temptation April 6 - 13, 2014 and then on to Grand Oasis Viva April 13-16, 2014.

4. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just booked GOV for Nov 22-27. Had Credit from Delta and Expedia for airfare. Tried to book TTR, but no rooms available for that time period. Checked Orbitz using current discount code and GOV was only $140/nite/room. Cheap fun !! Well, lets hope so away !!!

5. midwestern

midwestern Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Let us all know what it is like when you return, that's a hell of a good price !!!

6. mik6

mik6 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    January 27 to February5

Just booked the winter holiday. Let you know how it is after the vacation.:daveandmo:
    2 couples trying adult only fun

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  7. Mexicotraveler

Mexicotraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was going to, but the new concept will not be up and running during this trip. I do however look forward for trip reports. Not immediately after the change over, but from May through Sept of 14 as some of the bugs will be out and Spring Break will be over.

I have no interest in any trip reports during the craziness that is Spring Break as I don't really think they are a true insight into any resort. I prefer if we travel to go 5 star then where, god love them, the Spring Breakers can't really afford to be.

I remember our first time at a resort during US Spring Break. We had lil ones and every morning the poor staff were pulling all of the loungers out of the pool and stories of kids all screwed up falling off balconies etc. It was the last time we knowingly traveled during the break period. Yikes.

Oops, a lil off topic, sorry.

I do love the rooms and the fact that there hopefully will be restaurant choices….fingers are crossed

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    3 couples booked already. Hopefully you'll all report back so we can hear how it went.

Bear in mind Breezesfan (as Mexicotraveler mentioned above) you will be visiting during the transition period and at a quiet time of year, so it likely wont be in full flow during your visit.

Have a great trip. In two weeks you will be our new resident experts!

9. Mexicotraveler

Mexicotraveler Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bookit dot com, has rooms at 139.00 per night, the site is still all of the old information. The names of the restaurants are old and they are selling as Grand Oasis and Viva Oasis. This site has not been updated, but the rate is 139 for Nov 30 through Dec 7.

10. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To be honest, we really didn't expect to go anywhere (Thanksgiving Holiday is a biggey for us). However, we got a lot of $$$ credit from Delta and Expedia for the airfare. Delta has a flight returning to Atlanta Wed morning at 7 am. Should be able to beat the Atlanta traffic and get home by 2 pm.

We normally like to travel the week before Christmas, but my wife's school system gets out on Dec 20 this year!! Not enough time and the prices double after the holidays.

Apparently TTR was totally packed during Thanksgiving week.

Orbitz was $200 cheaper than Expedia and Cheap Caribbean and with the 20%
    discount it was just too good to refuse !! It might be a gamble, but $686 for 5 days isn't a lot of $$$. We pay $120 a night at the Hampton Inn in Buckhead.

As long as my wife doesn't fall and break her other hand 3 hours after arriving
    I think we will have a great time. Probably no topless, but Katie looks just fine in one of those Corona bikinis!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice