Has visiting Mexico changed your opinion of a wall

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Jon&CJ, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Jon&CJ

Jon&CJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    I am just curious. I travel a lot for work and have been outside the US often. I am convinced that frequent travel changes your perspective.

I cannot tell you how many countries I have visited where I find that people are all generally the same. They want to take care of their family, enjoy the fruits of their labor, find a sense of meaning in their work and finally screw around from time to time. These folks have homes, go to restaurants, hit the mall for a sale, and watch TV just like Americans.

I have also had many colleagues who have come to the US for work. Most try to stay just as much as their Visa will allow.

I definitely can understand trying to improve your situation if you are desperate. I applaud the kind of person who will not idly stand by and suffer the indignity of abject poverty.

So my question is: Has your experiences interacting with the Mexican people changed your opinion of having a wall to keep them out?

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

How freaken stupid would that be,, who will cut the lawns , take care of the kids ( nannies) , construction laborers ,, the only reason they cross is cause US citizen hire them . The whole thing is a joke .

3. mrbreeze317

mrbreeze317 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    I must respectfully disagree with that statement. 99 and 44/100 percent of the people in the US can't afford to hire gardeners and nannies at any price. No one in my neighborhood has ever had an illegal immigrant mow their lawn.

There are legal ways for anyone to visit, vacation, work, stay, become citizens if they choose to do so.

A wall, whether literal of figurative, is not such a bad idea. And I can't put a lot of stock in our Canadian neighbors criticizing our need for some control when I know you won't let convicted felons from the US enter. It screwed up a fishing trip for a few of my buddies a couple of years ago when one of them was not allowed to cross the border because of a felony on his record.

Also, if the "wall" complaint is just another way to slam Trump, like him or not, bear in mind that this idea has been around since long before his bid for the Oval Office

4. sonicview

sonicview Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wall can't stop illegal immigrants. That's it end of story.
    Yes it can put a big hole in US economy because Mexican president literally told i am not paying f^<{!~g penny for wall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. MikeandSherrie

MikeandSherrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +173 / 0
    I'm just a Canadian that loves Mexico but here's my two cents. Countries have immigration rules and they should be followed. People that circumvent those rules have a good reason, usually one that involves the law. If it requires a wall, so be it, I do not know for sure but my best guess is there are already walls along sections of the US/Mexico border. Oh and no matter how much I love Mexico and its people there are parts of the country I would never go near.

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2

7. Paul-N-Pam

Paul-N-Pam Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +154 / 0
    Never talk politics or religion when you're drinking.......

8. Vince & Wendy

Vince & Wendy Welcome to Never, Never Land! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 0
    Of course he couldn't enter if he has record. Maybe could have if he applied for entry.
    Same goes for Canadians entering the US. If you have anything on your record and I mean anything you need to apply for an entry waiver to enter the US.

9. Robert and Kerrie

Robert and Kerrie Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0

10. surfohio

surfohio Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    The people in the us who want a wall are ignorant small,minded people i hope no one generlaizes our country based on them

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice