Has Anyone Else Been Approached By Universal Real Estate Brokerage?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by HeatherAnnB, May 30, 2019.

1. HeatherAnnB

HeatherAnnB Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of red flags (not on BBB, domain name has only been up for like 161 days, etc) so assuming it's a scam but wanted to see if anyone else had been approached yet and to put it out there. One of the brokers said he'd sold five from temptations. Also, in general do people/brokers actually buy out memberships anyways?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    They're all scams and change their names regularly.

They offer a ridiculously high price, then when you accept they say there are new rules for foreign owners of property in Mexico and you need to pay $3-4,000 to register before the deal can go through.

With Premier you are not an 'owner' of anything, it's a membership club. Avoid.

3. Bottomsup

Bottomsup Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    I can’t recall what “company” they said they were with, but I also received a call today regarding selling my “time share”. He said they would give me 65-85% of what we paid. I told him we didn’t “own” a timeshare, yet it was a membership. He also stated he has “several” people looking to buy a timeshare at Temptations. I thought it sounded fishy AF.... Told him I’d relay info to the Mr. The number was 866-887-9755. Anyone else get a call from this #??

4. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    BBB is just a review place. The same as Yelp or Google Reviews. A lot of folks think it's a government agency. It's not.

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Remember, no one ties to buy something that you weren't offering to sell first...unless they are your worn panties.

6. iihot2trot

iihot2trot Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I received a call last Friday from them and they sent me an E mail with a copy of their "Promises"

Universal.png

7. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    It’s all true and when I finally combine the profit from selling to these guys along with my inheritance from that Nairobi prince I’ll be set.

Can’t wait to be on easy street.

8. bamoore

bamoore Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 1
    received 2 to 3 calls in a 2 week period about a month ago. Finally just said "too late, I've already sold it". Caller was polite and I haven't been contacted since. Must have been removed from their lists. At least until my info gets leaked/stolen/sold again.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Catherine Ann McCormick

Catherine Ann McCormick Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yes. Now we've been told about fees for a temporary TIN and naturalization fee that must be paid first. Not happening. They are paired with Escrow Funding, LLC. BEWARE.

10. Jerry Piper

Jerry Piper Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Catherine,

I also received this call from them at Universal. they sent me an offer that was very very large well over the price i paid. signed a contract with them specifying that there would be no fees due until after closing. Well as you said they went to the Temproary TIN and naturalization that cost 11k plus for a 90 day term and then funded an account which i check at citibanamex that confirmed cash was depsoited to that account. Then about 2 weeks later they asked for a second tax amount for baja state of 9% thats where they lost me.. I did lots of reseach first and there is no tax due ever until a sale is done or escrow pays out the tax. thats the way sales work.. Yet they have demanded the money or to cancel the deal.. so to further their deal they invited me to come to New york to their office. But i have check that location and NO office exists there except Rag and Bone clothing. and an apartment above the store. They continue to hold that they are real and legit.. But i honestly dont believe it.. I traced their IP addresses to cancun mexico. % emails dont lie they are all within 5 miles of each other in cancun. NOT in NYC.. I will burn their deal to the ground over the next few days. Unless of course they release my funds from escrow. DO NOT send money to anyone who will no tget on a facetime or video chat and show you who and where they are. then go in person.. thats about the only way to make a deal happen.. But remember, if it sounds to good to be ture, chances your instincts are right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice