Has any couples on this board ever swapped, did it work out?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by B & B, Jan 20, 2009.

1. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    OK, get your mind out of the gutter.

I meant houses, lol.

I was talking with one of the other members here on MSN, if he likes he can take credit for this idea.

Anyway, he had kind of a neat idea and I was wondering if anyone had tried it. Say you go down to Temptations and meet some other great people and you all hit it off real good. You live in a part of the country/world that they would like to visit and they live in an area that you would like to visit.

In the summer/winter/fall whenever, you decide to visit your new friends and they play host for a week or so. They put you up, you save on hotel costs, feed you the basics and then you do the touristy stuff for a week or so. We live halfway between Toronto and Niagara Falls, great touristy stuff for people, then six months later you reciprocate.

Has anyone tried this? Did it work out or is there some awkwardness or other stuff that prevents this from being sucessful. It seems like a good idea, 1/2 the cost of your vacation can be the hotel and this way you get to see the top tourist destinations and also particpate in a little bit of the local culture.

Any thoughts?

2. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    People have only ever wanted our bodies and not our home lol. Think it's because we live deep in the Welsh vallies xxx

3. redsunflower612

redsunflower612 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ohhhhhhh ! Houses,,,,,,,,,,ah,,,no. Had us interested there for a minute ! LOL

4. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    well if you live where it's warm..........we will gladly trade the freezing cold..........lol I thought you were gonna talk about swinging too.

5. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We haven't done it the way you describe although that might work too, but for the past couple years we have met up with a large group of people from the board and rented a large house and partied for a few days. We split all the expenses for the house rental and food, and just laugh and have a great time. It really cuts down on the expenses since we all share them, and we have a great time to boot!

We come from all over to get there, but once we are all there it is a great party!!

6. m+lforever

m+lforever Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Were in, just give us the directions :p

7. Chet

Chet Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +62 / 1
    Well I cant give you a "how it worked out" but I can tell you that I met Ed & Susan who are an awesome couple last October at Temptation. They are from Fairbanks Alaska and they invited me (and my buddy Keith,who filled in for my soon to be ex wife) to come to see Alaska this summer.
    They offered to put us up for a week and show us around,and after a short conversation (Why the hell would they want a couple hooligans like us to come up) We decided to take them up on it.

I see absolutely no reason we will have anything other than a great time. I am looking forward to that trip as much as I am looking forward to Temptation in April. Its amazing the friendships that can start at Temptation. If I can at all possibly get Ed and Susan to want to come to Iowa,I would love for them to come stay for a week.If they were traveling anywhere close to me I would expect them to make a pitstop at my house.I would be hurt if they didnt.

I can follow up on this after June,But I guarentee you it will be nothing but a great time :D Hopefully Ed and Susan will say the same :lol:

8. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've done it a few times while living in Montreal. Had a few friends come over for the Jazz Festival and Grand Prix weekend some summers when hotels are triple and quadruple the price.

Now I get to play guest when I go back home :D

9. Bern & Steve

Bern & Steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have personally done this with several people I have met while travelling. I have had people come from Georgia, Austrailia, England, and Ohio, as well as gone and stayed at several of thier places.

Truthfully it works out beautifully, if you get a long great while vacationing together I assure you that it will be the same when visiting one anothers respective homes. The only down fall in visits like this is that the hosting crew will have their mundane daily tasks to do while you are there and possibly have to work. During those times, my guests always found something to do and often surprised me with dinner on the table when I returned home...

Vacations are a great way to grow you friendship circle!

Cheers,

Bernadette

10. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I see you are from Greater Hamilton, I suppose techncially so am I if 20 miles down highway 20 counts. lol

Cool, that you have done this a bunch of times.

Cheers,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice