"Hammock-guy"?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Apr 10, 2012.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its getting WAY too hot for me to even lay down on a bed, so the good ol´ hammock needs to make a glorious return!

Can anyone recommend someone to install the hooks(wall) for hammocks?

Our maintenance dude has his own buddies, but after seeing their so called "work", I got fairly hesitant...

The type of set-up Im after are the ones that are literally inserted IN the wall, not only on the surface.

All/any recommendations are appreciated :)

Ps. Worst case Ill get some simple hooks to set it up - just would prefer the real deal, so to speak.

2. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Take a drill and drill the holes in the wall to the depth you want the hooks to go in. Then put in equal length and width plastic anchors. The screw in the hooks. Make sure they are heavy duty vs small an lightweight. If they cannot do this, they should not be doing any maintenance. You should be able to do this yourself.

3. Cancun Fun

Cancun Fun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Rawkus is talking about the hammock anchors that are recessed in the wall with the cover for when you dont have your hammock up. Rawkus if you do end up doing the plastic anchors please set-up a video camera to video you climbing in for the first time....I wouldn't use the plastic crap to hang a picture on the wall much less something that is going to be supporting my weight!

4. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cancun Fun is right: Im looking for the one that are in-bedded in the wall itself.

Having had the plastic pegs fall out for way less, Id never even consider trusting them when it comes to me + the hammock, hehe :)

By the way, this is the first place Ive ever seen that does NOT have the anchors already set up... Typical luck ;)

5. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have a great guy who can do that easily. We'll be down tomorrow. Check your PM's.

6. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CancunMole: Checked and answered! Thanks :)

7. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    rawkus, we don't have the imbedded anchors at our place, either! Very weird and kinda sad.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice