GROWING PAINS FOR SPIRIT AIR IN FT. LAUDERDALE

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by T.J., Aug 7, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know someone who flew from Ft Laudedale to Cancun on Sunday and said it was a nightmare with the lines stretching out the door in the heat and humidity.

Hopefully the "growing pains" won't last too long.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My last two Spirit flights were 1 and 2 hours late respectively. I hope this is not a geometric progression.

Drewbert - A geometric progression is a sequence in which the ratio of each term to the preceding term is a given constant. I hope that clears this up for you in advance of your question.

In Chinese (Mandarin) referencing your related post, that would be:

各个期限比与在先的期限是一个指定的常数的序列。If you are not clear on this, ask Zara.

4. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks dood.

5. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For business purposes, I travel a lot Spirit Cancun/Ft. Lauderdale. I can confirm that they are going through growing pains. Last week the flight left Cancun late and I would have missed my connection to Orlando but it was late too so I got there and had to wait 2 1/2 hours more. Delays supposedly due to weather on the East coast and then they told us we were the last flight so all of the day's delays kind of piled up!! Gee! My bad!! I'm sorry!

This time there was a storm over FLL so we circled until we ran out of fues and had to go to Ft. Myers to refuel and go back to FLL.

Crew attitude is not good--must be the stress. "Apolgy" is not in their vocabulary and it is always NEVER Spirit's fault. lOng lines in FLL are common. I did hear them talking in the FLL airport last time that they have grown 75% in the last 6 months and are planning on big changes like possibly changing terminals and having more ticket counters. I wish them luck--soon!

6. CancunChica

CancunChica Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've flown Spirit out of FLL about 4 times in the last year and always had delays, very frustrating. I must be a glutton for punishment as I just booked a flight to Orlando for next month - they had a special, just $20 rt inc. taxes. We are going to look at a few colleges for my son. If we have delays, I will be so aggravated as I would probably have been able to drive there and back in the same time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice