Grand Oasis Viva Trip Report - Amazing Time

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Lenni & Jodie, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    I am trying to post a trip report with pictures of course of my 5 day trip to the new Grand Oasis Viva. However I'm usually am on my laptop but it has a bad virus in it and is very slow, plus all my pictures are on my iPad, and I am really hoping I don't have to email all my pictures to myself, reload them up in Photobucket and copy the image code to post the pictures here.

Is there a way to post pictures on Cancuncare from the iPad that is easy. I spent about a hour last night writing my long version of my report but I guess the forum signed me out as it didn't submit it when I clicked on the button, probably took to long.

Thanks

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    If you use a browser e.g. Safari rather than an App like forumruner or tapatalk then it shouldn't be any different to using a PC.

When writing a long trip report write it elsewhere first e.g. some word processing program like Word or Wordpad and then copy and paste it in. If you leave a window open for a long time it will time out. Using the back button can usually bring it back but that wont work if you're using an app on an Ipad.

3. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    We are booked for Feb. 17-19 and anxiously waiting for your report. If it sounds good we may cancel our last four days we booked at TTR and stay at GOV.

Hey Steve are you gonna do a short report of your day pass visit?

4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Glad you stuck witht he effort, the other TR is really good, and comprehensive for everything I wanted to know except for the "fun stuff" which I gather wasn't really hitting yet as the place is a work in progress. That right?

5. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Yes its a work in progress John, it will be a hit soon, but quiet last week and the weather wasn't that great either, everyone said it had been raining more than normal, even the morning of the cruise it rained really hard for about 30 minutes before everyone made their way to Paty O's for the crusie

Speaking of hit, you and Stacia will need a new term like "Crazy Steps" if I remember correctly, you will need to add "Crazy Ceiling" to your terminology meaning you will need to watch your head at your height so you don't bang your head on the bulk head between the two buildings if you get on the wrong elevator

6. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
  7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    We were only there from about midday until 9pm so we didn't spend a great deal of time there. The time we were there we spent chatting with Lenni and Jason and didn't move very far. We didnt visit the rooms or restaurants although I had previously seen them on the tour I had a few weeks ago. So, I don't have a huge amount to add to my previous comments.

It was kind of what I expected, quiet at the moment with not many people about. The weather wasn't the best so the pool was quiet too. Of the other guests we saw and a few we (very) briefly chatted to it was clear they hadn't booked for the new concept. As I keep saying, it will take time to change into the kind of place most of us are looking for.

The one thing I would like to pass comment on is the attitude of the management. Valentina and the Asst Director Alfonso actually sought us out to come over and spend time chatting and were extremely open about their plans and didn't try to hide anything. On check in, the front desk staff were expecting us, they had our day pass bracelets waiting and even mentioned to security that we could stay as long as want after the day pass normally runs out.

The management are very pleased with the 'buzz' that has been generated on the forum here and the Facebook page since our initial meeting a few weeks ago. They have been reading the threads and asked if I would be OK with the hotel participating in an official capacity, which of course I would have no objections to at all. It's early days still but we are already talking about a few things we (the hotel and cancuncare) could do together in future.

I see Valentina registered an account here today, so expect her or one of the Oasis staff to put in an appearance here soon. I also invited Valentina along to the Boobs Cruise to see what we are all about so hopefully we will see her there soon too.

8. Stacia_and_John

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    The temperature check on Valentina will be when the Boobs Cruise Flag is being created, i.e. tied together, Steve. You'll probably get a lot of insight into her right at that moment.

No, not joking, though the actual event will probably be a good time, as all such BC Flag creation events are.

9. Valentina-Concept Manager

Valentina-Concept Manager Grand Oasis Viva Management Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I won´t be able to join you this Sunday but I promise that I will very soon. However, Chinos said that If I don´t take my top off I´ll have to get drinks by myself...So now I´m considering about going... LOL

10. Jannet

Jannet Mexican Hottie Owner

Ratings:
    +756 / 1
    Hello Valentina , it was great to meet you !
    chinos was joking!! , isn't problem if you want to keep your top on even I will keep my top on too ... just relax and enjoy the day !

Any time you are welcome on the cruise.
    Hope to see you soon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice