GP to Temptation, what's better? Taxi? Shuttle? Bus?

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Cheers2US, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We plan to stay at Golden Parnassus this summer. Hopefully here will be a Boobs Cruise while we're there. Is it practical to take a bus from Parnassus to/from Temptation? It should we book shuttle or try the taxis?

2. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    The bus would be the cheapest. I believe it's under $1 US! Taxi or shuttle will run U about $30 + depending on your bargain skills!! :eek:rangehat::eek:rangehat:. If you'd like you could shoot Steve a PM & ask since he resides in Mexico & knows best!

3. DannKathy

DannKathy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +285 / 2
    we're staying at Sandos Luxury for 2 days b4 we check into TTR. We're going on the Boobs Cruise the day before we switch hotels. We're taking the bus to the Boobs Cruise, taxi back (figure we may not be in any shape to tell the bus driver where to stop), but we did a "3 leg transfer with USA Transfers when we go to check into TTR. I wouldn't hesitate a bit to take the bus, we love the bus system down there, and you can't beat the price. Don't think we've ever waited more than 3 or 4 minutes for a bus on the strip and for a buck?:eek:rangehat:

4. mnjvegas

mnjvegas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We took the bus down there from GP..few bucks and got us there in plenty of time. We did cab it back after for 20 bucks since we were still buzzing.

MnJ

5. Hola123

Hola123 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Its a bit of a pain to get from GP to the bus stop but the price is right $1!!! And as mentioned the buses come every minute or two. I was able to get a taxi for $10. For myself, it was worth the extra money because of the distance and the walk to the bus stop. I took his number and called him each time so I didn't have to negotiate with each taxi.

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    When we went to the Boobs Cruise from the GP we took the bus. It's less than a block away. We took a cab home. It was there, and easy, no particular reason.

7. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    Thanks, everyone, for the replies! I think we'll try the bus to Temptation then maybe a bus back or a taxi.

Just hoping there's a Boobs Cruise during our week! (mid-August)

8. Queenanne

Queenanne Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    We just got back from GP and took several bus trips to TTR. (TTR was overbooked so we got bumped but also got day/night passes to hang at TTR). Bus stop is about a 6-8 min walk away from GP. Busses run LITERALLY every two minutes. They are often one right behind the other and if they see you, they'll wait. About $1 per person. (I swear the prices varied from .50 to .80 to $1, but no rhyme or reason when or why the difference but cheap regardless) We got to be pros at this bus thing, except of course how much it actually cost. We were there in plenty of time for the Boobs Cruise and we left GP about 9:00ish. We took a taxi back only once and we said we only had $20 and he took it. We were snockered that night and staggering from the bus stop wasn't appealing. FYI, when you go into TTR for the Boobs Cruise, they will offer you a day pass for the next day BUT you'll have to sit through the time share thing. They'll tell you it's just to show you some new features but it'll be the whole farkin thing. We bit. We got the pass. Best of luck on your trip.

9. Carlos&Alicia

Carlos&Alicia Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +500 / 0
    How much were the day/night passes for TTR for a couple?

10. Queenanne

Queenanne Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    It was $60 per person for a day pass and another $60 for a night pass. Day pass is 9-6 and 6pm-1am. That's IF you are a premier member. If you are not a member, it's I think $100 PP for day / night. Our passes were comped by TTR, with much prompting, whining, bitching and ultimately shaming them because they overbooked and we got bumped and all our friends were at TTR and we weren't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice