GP menu

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Gfunkera, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Gfunkera

Gfunkera Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm wondering about the food at GP. Does anyone have a picture of the menu at the different restaurants?

2. Lisa and Darrell

Lisa and Darrell Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I don't have any pictures of the menu but the food was pretty good. The buffet had a lot of selections. We tried all the restaurants and liked the food at all of them. We loved that you didn't have to make any reservations at any of the restaurants.

3. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I loved the food at all the resturants except the Sumo. I am not much of an asian food person. The Shangri la is the fancy resturant. 7 to 8 course meal. Not fast but very good. Morning and noon buffet is wonderful. Just about anything you could want. Pier 12 has seafood and more stuff. The Breeze which is the late night grill has burgers, wings, sandwiches and fries. Try the guac from there it is great.

4. Gfunkera

Gfunkera Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Food

My relative, who has stayed at GP twice, also said their guacamole is great. I'll have to give it a shot. Do they serve standard Mexican food? I want tacos and enchiladas!!! Well that and margaritas. Do you know what type of liquor they use?

5. Lisa and Darrell

Lisa and Darrell Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    They have some Mexican dishes on the buffet. I loved the Terriyaki Chicken at the Sumo restaurant. My husband said the sushi was really good but I do not eat that stuff ;) The steak restaurant was probably my favorite. My husband said the guacamole was really good at the Breeze. You have to try the coconut shrimp at the seafood restaurant.... it was so good!

6. mechal55

mechal55 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is the fancy resturant. 7 to 8 course meal. Not fast but very good. Morning and noon buffet is wonderful. Just about anything you could want. Pier 12 has seafood and more stuff. The Breeze which is the late night grill has burger

7. St Louis Blues

St Louis Blues Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 1
    heading here for the first time in 35 days. When doing all inclusives in Mexico we never expect too much from the food. If we want fine dining we could stay in STL. If the food is adequate we are happy.

Have heard the beer at the resort is Dos Equis? There are several kinds of Dos Equis beers (ie ambar, lager, etc). Anyone know what is served here? Is it all draft beer or are bottles or cans available? Is there any other beer in cans available? (specifically Budweiser)?

Someone mentioned margaritas. In our experience, usually the margaritas at the all inclusives are not very good, at all.

What are some of your favorite mixed drinks at GP???? I would prefer to put a nice buzz on without drinking a gallon of sugar/juice,mixes. Anyone know if Bacardi Limon is offered here? Mix that with water and you have a pretty tasty lo cal drink.

Lastly, do any of the restaurants here require a dress code? (ie long pants, non-athletic shoes)

8. couplecancun

couplecancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    We are going towards the end of March. One think I did hear is that you can bring a bottle to the resort and the bartender will save for only you (tip would help). I drink good tequila and will bring my favorite bottle to drink. Dress code from what I hear is casual , other than one restaurant that require long pants, no t-shirts and no open toe shoes for men.

9. vodkatonic

vodkatonic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    yes if u tip the bartender he will keep ur bottle on ice for only you,(unless the rules have changed),,his name was fonzie and he is the best bartender i have ever had in mexico,,,,

10. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do they have good vodka, or should we bring our own? Wife tends to get a bad headache with mid-shelf and lower vodka. Do they have Ketel One/Grey Goose?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice