GP 12/2-12/9 Review

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by mnjvegas, Dec 10, 2015.

1. mnjvegas

mnjvegas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First off big thanks to STEVE for his site/links/forums was able to do alot of research and pick the best place for our needs.

Intro-We are a early 40s from las vegas and both work in the service industry. We were looking for a relaxing place with a nice beach where we could get a little wild if we wanted to. Originally we had 2 days booked at temptations but decided just to stay at GP this time. We had been to Hedonism in jamaica and several lifestyle pool hotel parties in las vegas.

Arriving-
    Arrived in cancun at 7:30. Breezed thru customs and that hallway with all the timeshare guys. We had booked with USA Transfers so it was super easy to find our guy and gtfo. The driver was super friendly and between that and the ease of reserving it I would definately use them again.

Hotel Check In-
    Its kind of weird the way they do it. Bellman gets you bags and asks for passports..then you go chill at lobby bar while he gives that to the front desk to check you in. So the first time we saw front desk guy was when he came with our room keys. They had originally given us a 2nd floor room facing the lagoon.

I always tip the front desk people when they check us in. Im a firm beleiver that they are the biggest game changers as far as your vacation goes. He was very appreciative and excused himself and came back to let us know he was able to give us a complementary upgrade to the 6th floor ocean view room. Take that for what it is.

ROOM-
    The room was very nice. It had a jacuzzi tub next to balcony that fits 4 people very comfortable ( as we found out). It had a small fridge loaded with beer/soda/water/juice. It was always stocked and extra water was given whenever we asked.
    The shower is very large and also fits 4 people comfortably. The only thing i noticed in the the room that they could improve was an electronic safe. We had a key safe and it was a hassle to bring it along sometimes. The beds are shorter also even for a king but didnt bother us too much.
    We liked to sleep with the slider open so we can hear the waves crashing and that was very nice also.
    The maid service was top notch and everyone was super friendly.

EATS-
    They offer a lunch and breakfast buffet that was very good. They had several cooks working stations such as eggs/waffles/smothies/fajitas/stir fry/burgers/sushi. We are not foodies so everything was what we expected from a all inclusive. The service was always good in there and they always treated everyone good whether they tipped or not.
    There are 4 dinner places that we tried when we were there. We ate at the nice one twice shangrila. The other ones were average but with great service. Late at night you could hit up room service if you were still hungry late.

BARS-
    I read alot of the reviews on trip advisor and on the golden parnassus private FB page about people losing their minds about their favorite bartender working different bars. Didnt bother us any. Everyone we interacted with was fast and pleasant. The one stand out we saw was the bartender that looks like hes 15 years old..Im not 100% on his name since we just called him " kid" if anyone knows his name hit me up with a PM please.
    Ive been a bartender for 22 years and watched these guys pour "8 count" drinks all night to people . The liquor was knock off bottles and i Noticed right off the bat that alot of the full bottles had been capped already...so draw your own conclusions
    The kid was nice enought to let me come behind the bar with him at the 60s bar to make drinks and to flip ( juggle ) bottles . I really appreciated him letting me do that. We got some great pics and video.
    I never saw anyone waiting long times for drinks and usually they was a fresh one in front of you before you killed the last one.

They did run out some stuff here and there but it was usually at night and back the next day. Were not high maintanance if they ran out of one thing we would just switch.

Night Life-
    It is not a party place...repeat..it is not a party place.

Most people at night sit and chat at the tiki bar . They have a showroom with entertainment but we werent fans of it..god bless those kids for trying though. The 60s bar would have some people in it and they did karaoke and dance contests some nights.They could probably update the sports bar a little to make it a little more happening just my 2 cents.

Our night life-
    We consider ourselves fun outgoing people so we had no problem finding other fun outgoing people to hang out with. We hosted a lingerie party in our room one night and would be with a few other couples naked in the hot tub most nights. Security was cool and never hassled us in the hot tub late at night . I would by no means call this a lifestyle or even lifestyle friendly hotel but we found alot of fun couples who were like us.
    If you go around to the the far side of the beach at night by the last palapa you can have some "fun" on the beach without anyone bothering you.

THE Boobs Cruise-
    This was alot of fun and definately worth adding to your trip. We had alot of fun and made some really good friends who were nice enough to smuggle us into temptations after for a few hours till we got kicked out..apparently sex on the lounge chairs is frowned upon..who knew?
    got sidetracked..back to the cruise..Omar/chino(sp?) really started and kept the party going . It went by soo fast. It was everything we expected plus alot more..the whole crew on that boat was awesome. Steve was there and it was nice to be able to thank him in person for his website and helping make this the best vacation weve had.

TIME TO BRING THIS BITCH HOME (sum it up)

We had an unbeleivable great time and met fun people. We are very outgoing and positve people so we didnt have to look far to have fun at golden parnassus. IF you are not like that and need to be entertained and have forced interaction with other people to have fun then " these are not the droids you are looking for ". We never stay at the same hotel twice so we will try some of the other choices next time like temptations/Desire.

I might come thru here and add more just wanted to get it down while most of it was fresh in my head. Hope it wasnt as TL;DR or giant wall of text lol

2. Hola123

Hola123 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Great review!! Very accurate!!

3. midwestman

midwestman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks for the review. You guys seem like a very fun couple. Sure wish the wife and I had been there at the Golden the week you were there. Things could have got a little wild.

4. tropez

tropez Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 1
    Thanks for the review, my wife and I are heading there in June for our first time as well.

5. mcbear

mcbear Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    review

thanks for that review. We will be there on January 11 for one week. We also are taking the boob cruise. Cant wait

Mike and Cindy
    somewhere in Louisiana

6. tropez

Ratings:
    +197 / 1
    So if it isn't a party place, and you two went together, how'd you get that jacuzzi maxed out each night? Inquiring minds want to know your Jedi secret! We're going in June and are a bit shy.

7. mnjvegas

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're not shy people so it all just fell in to place . Just be yourself ..be outgoing .. And introduce yourself to people . Maybe we got lucky with the crowd but we really had a great time there with awesome people .

8. tropez

Ratings:
    +197 / 1
    How was the tiki bar at night? Hoppin?

9. vodkatonic

vodkatonic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    anybody at GP Jan 15-22....???

10. mnjvegas

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The tiki bar was chill everytime we saw it at night. It was full but just people relaxing, drinking, and socializing. The mrs doesnt drink and I barely do. Ive read about it getting crazy at the tiki late at night but we didnt see it.

Maybe depends on the crowd. It might be up to you guys to get it hoppin maybe.

We had a great time at GP. I think for the price we paid it was a really good vacation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice