GOV vs. Temptation

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by slopoke3, Jan 29, 2014.

1. slopoke3

slopoke3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +332 / 0
    Just thinking out loud.... and please don't shoot for me saying it.........

One thing to consider is that we are not the group of people that GOV is attempting to attract and that is why they are not bending over backwards to please us or change beyond what they have already promised. It seems they don't want a hard partying, fun and loud group wrecking their relaxed atmosphere. Though they are woefully deficient in delivering on some of their "upscale" promises....it seems we want them to be something they are not, and have no intention being. Below is quoted directly off their website.

“I’m a star – and I’m ready for my close-up: close-up to the beach, close-up to the fun. I’m exclusive, living in the hip, happening heart of Cancun, offering shopping, fine dining and nightlife as well as the picture-postcard beachfront that dreams are made of. Talk about good-looking: every one of my rooms has an ocean view! Best of all, I’ve got a peaceful, upscale, adults-only vibe. Call me the resort that has everything....but call me.”

Please note that it says "peaceful, upscale, adults-only vibe." I don't think they (as a company) ever promised us another Temptation... though we wanted it badly and probably "heard" what we wanted to hear from them. And maybe some of their (GOV staff) people online were just trying to be pleasers and got caught up in the miscommunication as well.

Also my perspective is that though us CCC peeps want to have a loud voice, we really represent.... in sheer numbers..... a very small segment of the "adults only" vacationing population and GOV isn't likely to change just to please us. Consider that GOV has been at 100% capacity and very few of them have been CCC members. We are going to GOV in early April and I see only 12 CCC couples who are booked for the same time... out of 440 rooms. But, when we band together (hopefully) it will sure seem like more than 12 couples.

In reality, I think we were hoping for another (but way better) Temptation..... but this is not it. Maybe there isn't another TTR type of place because there really isn't a demand for it (after all TTR isn't at 100% capacity 100% of the time).

We will stay at GOV for three days (April 3 - 6) with "modified expectations" and will have a great time (with what looks to be a very cool group of CCC people) and then on to TTR (April 6 -13) to meet up with really great friends and enjoy the unique atmosphere that is TTR.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unfortunately, Slopoke, you are very correct. After seeing that video of all of the sexy bikini clad ladies prancing around all of the spots at GOV , that we recognized, we sorta got the wrong impression.

3. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    whats the pole for at Coyote's ?

4. babydoll

babydoll Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Ok Slopoke...you just posted exactly what I was going to say, I just finished copying the same from their web site...great minds :)

I agree that they will never nor do they want to be another TTR...I think that they are more on the Desire side of things...From what I have heard from friends that have been to Desire is that it is very laid back during the day but the sexy is certainly there at night !!! So if you are expecting GOV to be TTR you are most certainly going to be disappointed. However I do hope they bring the sexy out at night and keep the lights on after 1:00.

My last count we have about 20 couples that will be there at the same time, most on the roll call and a few that are not... if they won't let us play around the pool ( and I respect that ) then it is to the beach we will go...lol

PS...Bring your own Flash Light !!!

5. slopoke3

slopoke3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +332 / 0
    Good point ... maybe it's for the vertical fitness classes they will be conducting or because they know that Laura will be there in June. ;)

6. Just Jeff

Just Jeff Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    LOL and what about a Foam Party is peaceful and laid back.
    I mean the pool area is for quiet relaxing isn't it...LOL.

Glad they are doing a foam party, but what's the point?

Jeff

7. jeff & deb

jeff & deb I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0
    I think things really went sideways was when CC members hoped and commented that the GOV would be an upscale alternative to TTR.
    And I agree we are a very small fraction of people going to the GOV.
    Another thing that I don't think has really come up.. as I'm sure the GOV had their repeaters, and have certain expectations book months in advance and now they are having to deal with this change... GOV I'm sure is doing what they can to respect these peoples holidays as well.. and as time goes on and it become more known for being an Adult only, and topless optional and things will change. Could any of us long time repeaters of TTR imagine if they wanted to change the concept of TTR.. not only would it be devastating I would like to think they would try and accommodate us.
    Our very first trip out of country was Blue Bay Getaway Cancun.. we had the time of our lives, we then heard of Blue Bay Getaway in PUERTO VALLARTA really cheap deal.. Were we disappointed nothing like Blue Bay in Cancun. Then BBG turned into Temptation... Yehaa.. again a blast, a couple years later thought lets try TTR in Cabo... again disappointed.. I guess the lesson is do your home work... Nothing will ever be like TTR in Cancun...

8. rieldeal

rieldeal Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0
    Can you say day/night pass.

9. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I just posted some long-winded thoughts on the "Complaints" thread, but to summarize:

All those things that have happened at TTR that I would miss so much at GOV (body shots, AIWC shots, glow night, toy exchanges, spontaneous outbreaks of mass nudity...)

Ummm....TTR management doesn't even approve of most of that stuff!

We (meaning the people on this site) plan the events, we bring the props, we find the fun people, and we make the party. Sometimes lots of people join in, and sometimes just a few. It's what happens at TTR, and there's no real reason it can't happen at GOV.

I'm hanging in there with GOV. They're already giving a foam party that looks fantastic, after all.

10. bryane40

bryane40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its to hold me up before I fall into my adult beverage.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice