gov trip report jan 26-31th

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by rikmari, Feb 2, 2014.

1. rikmari

rikmari Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    okay ,now for my what i can only call my schizophrenic trip report one min i would decide i was not coming back, then later maybe, then awhile longer okay im going to re -book, then no again and this was all in the first day lol. anyway first impression nice large beautiful lobby friendly bellman easy check- in ,but no upgrade availab and no idea when we might get to move to a balcony room. room 909 king but not remodeled everthing worked a/c hot water but not as nice as standard rooms at TTR.Later moved to. balcony room which was upgraded.(nicer but smaller interior space) Told hotel has 450 rooms about 2xs TTR. Very small elevator that we had to wait for numerous times no lights in one elevator Mary made the comment that the TTR crowd would probably have fun with the dark one ( we did). Food= White box the only resturant that requires a reservation was great, italian very good, moroccan very good mexican good, buffet only had breakfast, adequate but had no bacon really no bacon nearly a deal breaker for me, my jewish friend didnt seem to mind. sushi is seved in the outdor bar area and burgers hot dogs by the pool these were far below ttrs quality,no late night food or snacks very bummed, service very good. Really missed dressing up for dinner always like to see my beautiful wife and the other lovely ladies of ttr dressed to impress. Bar= is quite small with 2 stripper poles and pool tables was short staffed our first night with long wait for drinks and only one waitress, but they did bring in reinforcements after complaints.Much smaller space than patios and diffucult to mingle in as pool tables and seating make it cumbersome.Bands in the bar were great 70s 80s 90s rock band wore all black and white for B/W theme night which was nice,cant imagine a Patios size theme night crowd trying to fit in this space would be a nightmare if the theme night participation reached ttr proportions.( i have no idea what they would do in the case of bad weather as ther is no alternative like nice shoes.) Beach= great beach, relaxing, great beach, laid back,great beach, plenty of umbrellas lounges, towels ( at little late but available by 9am) Take your reservation items down by 9am to get best spots(,about 4 hrs later then ttr lol) By the way did i say great beach. Pool= sits back near hotel, because of this it gets 5-6 hrs less sun then for example the Riu which is just down the beach and whose pool is nearer to the water
    (and packed) but they have vituallly no beach.Because of this the pool is colder and nearly abandoned this will improve as the seasons become warmer, which is good because it has nice swim up bar with great party space potential. Had a great talk with sarah (former ttr staffer)she was just as friendly and charming as when i first met her at ttr she will be quite a valuable tool for gov. Sarah explained to me that gov wants to be similar but different from ttr they dont want to copy ttr themes and games they want to have their own style ,topless yes,fun themes like sexy pirate cruise (heard good reports) foam party ect. She said bring your aiwhipped cream but dont expect the resort staff to instigate the party ,there wont be poolside games(naked twister) ect , IT seems to me the resort is trying to walk the line between a quiet relaxing beach resort by day and a ttr like atmosphere at night. I think this will be tough to do. Topless = saw at most 6 topless ladies with apprx 450 women at the hotel the % speaks for itself, this part of re- themeing has not taken off. I believe part of the problem is camers they were quite a few photo gawkers and this leads to fears of becoming internet foder before even getting home.WE have always appreciated ttr for keeping cameras from spoiling the party .Themes = as i said peopl really liked sexy pirate cruise and foam party but fetish night had 0 participants.Entertainment at gov was great while we were there dance show, guitarist, and waer show were the best we seen in 10 trips to mexico 6 to ttr/Desire.So what will we do in the future really not sure probably will book as a combo trip in april with gov on the pirate cruise foam party nights and ttr / Desire for the rest of our trip there is so much potential at gov hate to give up on it. please feel free to give us a shout with any questions rikmari

2. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    Thanks for the tr guys. Seems like it's slowly getting better. Last few tr's on expedia better also. Keeping fingers crossed.........

3. babydoll

babydoll Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    Thanks a bunch for taking the time to write a trip report...Just a couple of questions...What do you mean nobody dressed for dinner...do you mean no sexy dresses...How did people dress ??? and do you feel that with a bigger group of people that there may be more participation on theme nights ??? ( There is about 20 couples the first 2 weeks of April )

Thanks again :)

4. rikmari

rikmari Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    very few dresses let alone sexy ones (except for Mary) only dress code is at White Box otherwise shorts t-shirts tanks soo sad , and yes i think a larger crowd of TTR alumns will make a big difference at least im hoping so as we do plan to return in april

5. silver&gold

silver&gold Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks for the tr. We are still waiting for the sexy part to come around. Hate to hear that topless has not taken hold, reminds me of GP in which there was so few topless that it made GP a lot less relaxed than TTR. The wife likes the sexy part of TTR and Desire, loves dressing up for dinner and joining in the theme nights. As is often mentioned, TTR is about the women and that is what she loves. Hope things improves soon so we can book for summer.

6. ajay

ajay HnH Repeat Offenders Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,370 / 0
    The place has great potential, but has yet to achieve it. All of the trip reports seem to be the same since the inception with no real improvement. TTR is hard to beat by far! I have friends going the end of this month and in May which will make my decision on my October trip. As of right now i'm aiming on steering clear.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice