GOV TRIP report jan 17-20 PART UNO

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by sunbound, Jan 22, 2014.

1. sunbound

sunbound Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    okay like you guys told me over and over, it is what we make it, its the PEOPLE and not the resort per se.. and bwoy were you RIGHT..
    My girls and I are no strangers to making a party so I wasnt worried about having fun, wasnt really worried about facilities, but i was worried about the vibe and concept not being embraced by others and I soon found out everyone has a lil sexy BEAST in them LOL

Day one
    Check in is entirely too long. we stood in line with alot of frustrated people and I tried to be patient unlike others, but it was really ridiculous to have a reservation. and for some reason they require your paper I10 which we didnt print so our check in was even LONGER because they wanted us to use their computer and print it out?? HUH?? guess i couldnt be that mad because the shuttle guy required it too?? im like arent our names on some kinda list?? i just know next MEXICO trip bring my papers LOL

As every0ne says the view is spectacular as you come in and you cant wait to get out to that water.. We were also hungry tho and the buffet had just closed.. nothing to eat but the dreaded burgers i had heard about and STILL was hearing about as we scoped the place for food.. tried the hot dog instead which was nothing special but came with chips no FRIES?? smh.. while we waited on the sushi table to open which i guess was good, im not a sushi eater but the shrimp and avocado and chicken wrap held me over dinner time. Heard the drink of the sushi bar is the TICKET TO FLY topped off.. Im not a drinker, but it seemed to do the trick for many we found out throughout the week so we were marketing it FOR SURE lol!!!

Place seemed dead, no loud music, some relaxing zen type stuff.. no strip poles on the outdoor stage like i was looking for LOL.. water was chilly because it was evening time (5PM) and pool was as well but their were some crazy Russan dudes hollering and screaming, they kept the swim up bar guy busy LOL..
    so kinda getting scared, but hey we gonna make it do what it do.. Jenn4theWin and her hubby spotted me (great peeps) and I knew there was hope. So we are taking advantage of the lil beds on the beach, getting our poses on and the beach lifeguard comes up and we invite him to show us what a pose should really look like, and boy did HE!!! (he must have worked at Temptations LMBO) THen we met two couples from Wisconsin and the CRAZY began.. their drink was the Riviera Maya and it was FLOWING along with the TICKETS , i think we all ended up somewhere on JUPITER .. It was a honeymoon trip for one of them and I think they got some NIIICCCEEE honeymoon PEOPLE GONE WILD pics to take home .. He told us the next day they had the best evening of the trip THANKS to us.. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED lol

after the naughty photoshoot its time to get dinner.. Mexican was okay.. the shrimp was the best thing there. The resort was having a risqué show with dancers and mr coyote man singing it was nice.. so it was mr coyote, jenn, strip poles and whatever crazy ppl that would join us doing our thing until they kicked us out at 1256 smh LOL

DAY TWO..
    I get up to try to make a reservation for white box but find out it’s 9 NOT 630… sighhh.. came back around 830 and there is a line.. just as I get to the front ONE couple in front of me (crazy London ladies) they tell us its booked for the NIGHT!!!!! go back defeated to breakfast which wasn’t bad at all.. the omelettes are good as well as some other selections.

So we decide forget this we are going to the “party oasis” which I was originally gonna book but was thrown off because of bad reviews.. so we catch the bus and we are off.. this property is HUGE, definitely pumping some LOUD music YES, but its too far to walk to get to things.. the water was nice, much deeper than VIVA and the BIG waves.. it was fun if you like to play in waves which I DOOO.. lol.. food was terrible in the buffet as WELL!!!!!!! Ewwww but the burgers were nice and they had FRIES.. on our way out we went to a wing place that was VERY VERY GOOD.. their pool water was cold as well so not many ppl in the pool but the entertainment staff was on point.. they had line dances and lap dance contest!!! Tooo funnnyyyyy..

We head back home (VIVA) and end up on the PARTY city bus.. Seriously this guy is pumping his radio like it’s the club.. so we help him out and start singing LOUD and yelling hi to the ppl that get on the bus LOL.. HILARIOUS!!!!!

Now begins the night of EPIC proportions..there was a pole dancing contest that we missed so ppl were sitting around again.. HECK NO>. get yall rasses UP!!! we did our pole photo shoot and then started getting ppl up to do theirs as well.. this is when I saw G and M.. (another great couple) We were grabbing guys from the bars and being their pin up girls on the pole and we were grabbing couples.. some ppl said no at first, but by the end of the night most of them had joined us in our wild and craziness which was soooo funny.. 1257 come and they TRIED to put us out.. HECK NO WE WONT GO.. we started making a lot of noise. Hollering the SHOTS song, until we finally left and took our party to the poolside followed by Atlanta, Russia, Poland Columbia, Mexico, Czech and a few others that just didn’t wanna go yet, some don’t even speak English but party is universal right??? hahaha.. MORE PICS on the bed.. Poland turns on his phone music and security tells us to move back more we are too close to the rooms.. we move the party to the BEACH then.. Czech says.. HEY I have my speakers upstairs.. somebody else says.. GO get your beers from the minibar in the rooms.. OKAY..lets do this!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Music, beer, soda, sand, beds, a lot of different cultures.. ooo la la LOL we went on till at least 5am yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be continued

Part Two is here

2. brandys0524

brandys0524 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Which Oasis is the '' Party oasis''? I would like to check them out too, big waves sound nice for a day! Thanks for the review.

3. bryane40

bryane40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great trip report, Your comments were cracking me up!

4. sunbound

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh sorry.. i meant to put that on there..
    Grand Oasis Cancun..
    the BIG one.. known for their wild spring break type party vibe..
    it was nice, just too big for an everyday stay to me.. the walk to the bar was brutal from the beach.. very steeep staircase but the folks were wild, pouring drinks on each other, casually walking into the opposite sex bathroom LOL.. was just some of the stuff we saw lol better food.. should definately do a day pass there.. it was BEAUTIFUL as well..

5. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thank you for your time to write reports. Maybe the staff should hire you.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  7. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    It's going to take a few like this to really get things going! We promise to do our best TTR impersonation alternative in July!

8. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Thank you for the TR. I don't know you're name but, I'm glad you are having a good time at this point. Waiting for more.

9. sunbound

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve you know its a party when the DJ come OUT of the dj booth, to climb on the pole and take a picture with the group.. :lotsofmichaelfs:hahahahahaha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice