GOV-Temptation-Golden Parnassus ?

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Restling, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    We would be considered Mexico rookies. We took our first trip ever last December to the Golden, and had a great time, did a review on the Golden forum. I just was wondering, as there has to be a reason, why so many of the Temptations crowd that is looking for something better doesn't try the Golden.

Maybe they have already, and that would be the answer. That's fine, I was just wondering. Because it seems many are looking for a better beach, food, hot tub, and music, and the Golden has all of that.

I'm not trying to defend the place, because we stayed there, just looking for reasons why it isn't considered by many. We are considering GOV, but the reviews are not making the choice appealing. Not really considering Temptation, because... well many people on here are looking for something else, and talk about how it's not the best facility, so that isn't a real selling point either. We won't be back until after Thanksgiving so I got time. Just doing some probing.

Thoughts anyone? :huh:

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    A few have booked TTR then gp for a few days before heading home .

3. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    For us it is easy. We know from many reviews that the party at GP doesn't come close to matching TTR. We absolutely love TTR with the number one reason being the party. What made us stray elsewhere was deficiencies with food quality, room and no real hot tubs. We hoped that GOV would provide a party close to TTR, knowing it can't match it, but with the advantages of increased food quality, room quality, beach quality and with real hot tubs. That hasn't played out yet. GP just wasn't on the radar for us because we believe the party can't compare and isn't something that will ever compare and that is our number one priority. Now we are postponing a GOV trip since it is clear it won't compare either by May. Maybe in the future.

Since we are set on our next vacation involving a little more pampering with some party thrown in we are trying Pearl. Now I just need to practice being comfortable with nakedness :) I plan to practice a lot this weekend

4. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    We have been to both the GP and TTR, and for us, Temptation is the clear winner. We enjoy the party atmosphere of TTR much more. GP is very tame at night, and there were no adult themed nights during our stay(hard to beat lingerie night). During our stay, my girlfriend was the only woman with her top off at the pool, and felt a little ackward at first. Their were a few ladies topless on the beach, but seemed to cover up when heading to the pool or bar. The GP pool has no swim up bar, and probably explains why the pool is always dead. The hot tub at GP was great, and met alot of fun people there(something TTR desperately needs). The beach at GP was larger then TTR, but I wouldn't say it was much better. It had been eroded away pretty good by storms, and had two tiers with about a 2-3 foot drop but no seaweed. Food at both are similar, except for the steak house at GP, which was awesome. Staff at both resorts are amazing. If we were looking for more of a relaxed vacation, we would consider GP again, but for fun and partying TTR can't be beat. We have not been to GOV, but have friends that stayed there, and it sounds like even less of a party then GP. We may consider GOV in the future if it becomes a lot wilder than it is now. See everyone at the sexy pool

5. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    We were at TTR at the beginning of October and had a blast but needed a relaxing trip before Xmas so we booked a week at GP. The place is really nice but there's no real party once the sun goes down. There was always a group around the tiki bar but limited space, very limited. It was just what we wanted though. They really do need to put in a pool bar and there's space over near the Italian place that would be perfect.

We are back at TTR in April for the party, there's no comparison, you have to experience both to fully appreciate it.

6. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    We have been two TTR and GP several times. Always a party at TTR, GP is a little more the luck of the draw. The hot tub at the GP is fun, beautiful view etc....

By far the food and service at the GP, in our opinion, is the best. Hopefully, on to gov soon. What a great life, so many great choices.

7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    We have done GP once. TTR 15 times. Desire RM once. GOV NEVER. (did spend 3+ hrs there)
    GP is a wannabee.
    Temptation is outerworldly. There simply is NO other place, if you like a great party, amazing ppl and a world class vibe.

(what Tempation is lacking is easily found elsewhere, but what TTR does have is irreplaceable)

No 2 trips are the same.
    When you find utopia, you stop searching.

Some ppl are hoping that GOV is the elusive cake they can eat too!
    Hence the minor exodus you are reading about. But most haven't given up on Temptation but they already know GP is not the promise land.

8. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Thanks for the responses so far. Kind of what I experienced and expected. Still wondering why, if the GOV is tamer than the GP, why people are saying "no problem we'll bring the party ourselves." Maybe it's just wishful thinking?

Is it you think you would get kicked out of the GP, if you did the same? I saw no security there, and at night in the hot tub I think anything is possible.

Swim up bar would be a nice addition, but they do have two bars within 15' of the pool.

9. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Your original question was quite logical and curiousity driven. And you stated you weren't defending GP.
    But I detect it is you with the wishful thinking, hoping that TTR wanderers will infiltrate GP to kick up that lame party environment.
    The truth is GP, is not the new kid on the block or claiming a "New Concept" switch to a sexy classy party vibe. (which it hasn't been either)

Almost all regular multiple repeaters (code for --'the glue that makes Temptation party happen') are aware that GP is not, nor ever has been a legit party scene.

Put it this way:
    GP is a banquet party.
    (everyone chats a little, drinks a little, makes small talk and goes to bed early, to catch up on their sleep and be ready for the sun)

TTR is Studio 54 with some Plato's Retreat mixed in depending on the tone of the crowd.
    (most ppl put off goin to bed because they don't want to miss a possible highlight. The later it gets the more fun and craziness happens. And big point here. The bar doesn't close till buffet breakfast is open)

I suggest the next time you go to Cancun book a few nights at TTR before goin to GP.
    I bet you will be wishing you were back at Temptation within 24hrs of checking out, because you seem to want the party to come to you.
    (But it won't ever at GP)

10. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    Not looking for an argument. I've been to one resort, one time, and have no heart felt feelings for anyplace. This is a forum for getting info, that's all I was probing for. You seem to have your heels dug in for temptations, which is fine, that's what I was looking for. A reason to like something. I have no hidden Golden agenda. Just looking for a good resort and a good time.

My wishful thinking thought, wasn't meant to be offensive, but rather meant to be a possible unfortunate reality of what GOV can deliver.

Maybe I should just stick with reading post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice