Got A Question That Some Would Consider Crazy

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by DocHoliday, Apr 19, 2019.

1. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    I was told this is a no judgment zone. That being said, I know most of you will stare at your screen in horror if you continue to read on (consider this your warning) but I also know there are a small number that can relate and might have an answer for me.

How is outdoor running from the resort? Looking to only do 6-miles which is probably the top line of the Cancun seven and possibly down the side road to the golf course. Is the wide red sidewalk talked about on TripAdvisor on this part? Should I leave the iphone 10 in the room or can I run safely with my tunes?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    This is the only insight I can provide to help answer your question. It's the only beach running I know about.

upload_2019-4-19_16-21-26.png

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • List
  3. Hottawa

Hottawa Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +138 / 0
    That's not a crazy question! Running is amazing there. I usually run along the beach and then up to Kukulcan Boulevard towards the main drag. I don't run 6 miles... I'm more about the 5km. Never felt in danger at all. So bring your phone and listen to your tunes. I do with the volume low enough to hear noises I might want to hear.

I'm not sure about what people are referring to on TripAdvisor but the sidewalks are wide and set back from the road. (They are also reddish. You can see on Google Maps.) They are great for running as you don't have to squeeze by anyone. There are even mileage markers. You will encounter a few other runners, some tourists, local families and people going to/from work.

The biggest threat I have encountered are irrigation sprinklers watering the grass. Outside of that it can be perfectly sunny when you leave the resort and rain halfway into your run. It isn't common but it could happen. Drying your shoes can be a pain in the humid environment.

Have fun!

4. GandC

GandC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +286 / 0
    I knew I should have stopped reading when you warned but my morbid sense of curiosity overtook me. I have seen people running on the beach, but they're usually in a group, with one person leading and then a few others in what appear to be police uniforms following. It doesn't seem to be fun, but whatever make them happy.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Bechilling

Bechilling Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    It may not be as fun. But the workout facilities are excellent.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,830 / 3
    We've done that exact route several times. We've always enjoyed it. There is a nice, generally wide walkway that winds along the street and between trees and any obstacles. YOu really need to watch your footing though. The sidewalk can be uneven in places and it's not uncommon to find a piece missing, so watch your step. The only other hazzard are resort drives. Overall, we like it!

7. DocHoliday

DocHoliday Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    Thanks to everyone for the info! Very happy I can get some runs in while in paradise, cops or no cops on my tail.

8. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Fun run. I have collected several runs (garmin) from that area. Never worried about anything.

9. cnparda

cnparda Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,247 / 1
    We run from the pool to the hot tub when the sun goes behind the building

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  10. EFish

EFish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +485 / 0
    I’ve run every time that we have gone. I just hope on the sidewalk and go down about 4 miles or so and turn around. It’s a little vetter to turn left out of the resort if you want my two cents.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice