Good value day-passes?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Aug 22, 2012.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ive been looking around for some AI day passes here in CUN.

Found a few - some good, some crap.

A friend whom works at Bellevue can get me a deal of 260 pesos for a day-pass. Unlimited, starting with breakfast.

I found some others that cost around 200, but they "only" let you order for the value of the day-pass... Not really up for a tiny serving of guacamole and totopos for 70 pesos, hehe.

Does anyone else have suggestions? It has to be the limitless ones :)

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Please list the ones you found for 200, if in Cancun we might be interested and are kids free?

The best one we have found that's really nice and good food all inclusive is Now Sapphire down by Crococun, 415 pesos per adult, breakfast too i believe up till 5. Kids free, lovely pool, good kids club, nice beach, nice food, really nice place to have lunch looking at the sea.

3. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam: Avalon Resorts posted on their Facebook page yesterday that their Cancun resort AND their Isla Mujeres resort have $200 peso day passes right now for locals, with $200 pesos of "consumo" (food and drinks)

Sorry Rawkus, I don't know of any good all inclusive day pass deals. In September, lots of resorts have great overnight deals. We've been to Sandos Caracol (near PDC) a few times for $650 pesos a person, 1 night all inclusive.

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Tell us more about Sandos Caracol, G. My wife will be back from Africa in a few weeks and she will expect me to have a plan for her re-entry to our part of the world!

5. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam: Sorry for the late reply. Gringation wrote it pretty well. Avalon was the one I was thinking about. Not sure if kids are free or not, though...

Gringation: Ill try Bellevue. The friend that works there likes it and does it on a regular basis.

The "normal" cost of their AI day pass(really AI) is around 340 to 370, which is not bad at all.

6. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V - Sandos Caracol is designed as a sort of "eco-resort", with lots of paths and jungle/mangrove areas around the property. It has pretty good food for an All Inclusive and a really nice beach.

The downside is that it's a family resort with a water park and everything, so there are lots of kids around. We usually spend time at the adult pool to escape the madness haha

7. limejello

limejello Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was at the Sandos Caracol with my family back in May, and I wrote about it on my blog: mexicosas (the first 2 posts on the page). I thought it was a good resort, but I recommend spending a little extra for an upgrade so you're not 763 miles from the beach. :)

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If anyone gets info about cheap nights or day passes, perhaps we could keep this thread going and make it a permanent thing. I've stayed at the NH Riviera, think it's called Now Jade now for 700 pesos twice. The first time it was excellent and a fair amount of people there, fantastic food even in the buffet, shrimps everything, the other time was very low season, might of been pig flu time and there was just locals there, they really took the piss and put out terrible food in the buffet (kids can't go in the a-la-cartes there), it was worse than one of those buffets on Tulum, put us off ever going back.

I think I remember one of the Fiesta Americanas (enter the beach at the Xcaret place opposite Plaza Caracol and walk along a bit) having day passes, 250 pesos credit on food and drink but the food was decent. Also Villas Kin-ha had a similar deal but that has changed name now, not sure what it's called? For me, the best beaches in Cancun that way too.

Looks like Now Sapphire has the best deal so far, if you get there early and have kids.

9. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam: Give Bellevue a call regarding the kids. Its cheaper and closer than Sapphire, IF they allow kids for free etc.

Good idea on keeping the thread alive.

10. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Rawkus. I just checked it out and it is the place i was thinking of. I been there before, had a freebie day pass through a friend that was working there. I personally didn't like it at all, the food was terrible and the service wasn't great. I think that Now Sapphire is 5 times better than this place, for me anyway, nicer beach, nicer food, decent kids club, lovely pool, nice setting. Bellevue seems like they just managed to squeeze a pool and some chairs into a corner. Still if i had the money, i'd go to the Grand Palladium everytime, best hotel for me, for the money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice