Golf at Oasis

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by angelwynn, Mar 5, 2014.

1. angelwynn

angelwynn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Staying at Oasis Vivi first week of May would like to know more about the golfing for the Men in our group? Is the free golf only a 9 hole golf course or is it 18 with only 9 holes free? Anyone actually used the golf course?

2. Accutemp

Accutemp Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    It's a 9 hole course , it's located infront of the Grand Oasis Cancun. Never played there but have seen it and walked thru it , it's on the smallish side. There his a big course that's 18 holes just up the road at the Hilton but you would have to pay out of pocket , not sure how much. Hope I was able to help.

3. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    Ive played it and it was a joke..9 very small holes.. they would be better off turning it into a mini golf course..more people would play then...it was like 5-6 years ago that I was there so it may have changed by now

4. bigman curt

bigman curt Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ive played golf at the moon palace with my 8 yo son.cost was 520 usd..Played at Playa Mujeres a greg norman course.Very beautiful. TPC Cancun is Beautiful..Hilton course was redone by jack Nicklaus they are all beautiful.. if your an avid golfer play these courses. But its sort of expensive to golf there. Sorry for the misspells.

5. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Man!
    I actually thought it was a mini putt course. Didn't realize till reading this thread that it was a golf course.
    I thought it was an upscale nice mini putt course as opposed to that gimmicky joke that GP had when we stayed there years ago

6. K&T

K&T Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Golfing

Yes, 9 hole course is a chip and putt course and advertisements at the hotel said that club rental was extra. I have played at Riviera Cancun and Moon Palace and both are very nice. If you go on Golf Now or teeitup.com, you can get some good deals if you're flexible with tee times. Club rentals are $50 and last year they were Calloway Diablo. Be careful of the critters on the courses. They will come out of the mangroves and steal anything they can get their paws on. Someone a group ahead of us had his skycaddie stolen out of his cart by one. Took it back in the mangrove and never found it. They look like some relative to a raccoon with teeth like a possum.

Todd

7. angelwynn

angelwynn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thank you so much for your time

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice