Golden May 2011 - Anyone have plans to go?

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by StaceyJerseyShoreGirl, Nov 15, 2010.

1. StaceyJerseyShoreGirl

StaceyJerseyShoreGirl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Hi there! My husband and I are planning a trip to the Golden towards the end of May (Saturday 5/21 thru Sunday 5/28), and was just wondering if anyone else was planning on going around the same time. It would be our 1st time at the Golden and 2nd time in Cancun (1st time was at Riu Cancun). We are a couple in our 30's looking to have a great time and meet some fun people! If you have been to the Golden before, and would like to share any inside tips, we would love to hear about it!

Stacey

2. bretthexum

bretthexum Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +703 / 0
    Planning on either 14th or 21st. Not sure yet - leaning toward 14th right now. Depends on the babysitters (parents) schedule :)

3. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have the 28th thru the 3rd of june available. Not sure if we are going to the Golden that week or not, but its very possible. We would just miss you guys.

4. Cape Couple

Cape Couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    We'll be cruising in the area (with a stop in Cozumel) in mid-June, but I'd love to try to work in a Cancun stay sometime in the spring as well. It's been a couple of years since our last visit to the Golden. It's much smaller than a lot of the AI's we've stayed at (such as the Riu Palace and the Barcelo Maya in Playa del Carmen and Couples and Sandals in Negril) but it has a great "vibe", especially if there's a good mix of American, Canadian and European guests. The pool scene is usually pretty good and the Golden has one of the better stretches of beach along the Hotel Zone. When we were there the place had outstanding customer service...very friendly and helpful staff. Be sure to check out the Tiki Bar between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.; usually a lot of fun. Also, I understand a lot of the rooms have been renovated in the past couple of years. You can find some Golden Parnassus photos on our profile.

5. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Looks like Feb 28th to March 7th. Of course the price went about 200 bucks overnight. This will be out 4th or 5th trip.

6. bretthexum

Ratings:
    +703 / 0
    Looks like we're delayed now. Lookin at late may early june for us now...

7. Country Cut

Country Cut Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife and I (mid 30's) and two other couples (1-late 20's, 1- mid 30's) and one single (40's) are planning a trip and thinking about the Golden 28 may thru 3 June. We always try to spend Memorial Weekend in Cancun.

8. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Would be funny going the same week as we are from the same town. Might happen as we look pretty solid for the week of memorial day.

9. bretthexum

Ratings:
    +703 / 0
    Heck yeah! Us Okies would have a blast. Plus 2 more from Cali.

Really trying to pin a date down. Now looking 2nd week of June. :(

Memorial day is just too tough to get out of town

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice