golden food

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by katietatie, Mar 7, 2011.

1. katietatie

katietatie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    stupid question but what kind of food is on the menu in shangri la and the seafood place??? Seen as its our honeymoon I was maybe thinking it would be nice to go out for a nice meal but if the food is good in the hotel then there is probably no point. Ive always wanted to try lobster but never have :elizabeth:

2. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I honestly can't remember.... btu trust me it is AMAZING. No need to ever leave the hotel for food..... except one option!

Take the free shuttle to the sister resort :Great Parnassus

Eat at Maison De Michele. It's the first restaurant on the left once you walk through the lobby, behind the Arc De'Triumph. It is truly amazing! Make sure you order a "Mayan Coffee". I never drink it, but it is AMAZING to watch them make it! Best food and I'm sure it would be like a $350 bill EASILY in america.

3. katietatie

katietatie Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks a lot, the food does look lovely in photos Ive seen and I didnt realise we could use the great's restaurants too x

4. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you want a good Lobster meal you will probably have to go off site. Pier 12 is so-so in our opinion, and Shangri La is nice, but not really the wifes cup of tea, so we never go there either.

There are many nice places to go around Cancun for lobster. Trip Advisor will direct you. :)

5. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Imo pier is the best. Love all their seafood

6. pablo

pablo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    food at the golden

We loved Pier 12 , ended up eating there three times.Also The steak place was
    ok also ,Shangra La is much fancier and the portions were small.:icon_razz:

7. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe Pier 12 has gotten better over the years. It used to never get much business.

8. Mitz

Mitz Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How to dress?

So I've seen HammieJ's twice recommend "Maison de Michele" Question--what kind of attire is required for men? dark jeans and button down shirt ? nice jeans and a polo?
    slacks and button down? and for women? a nice summer dress? Thanks:icon_exclaim:

9. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    whoaaa there horsey! lol Definitely no type of jeans at all! :D

This place is nicey picey!

I suggest for men, a nice button up dress shirt with a collar and some slacks. You may be able to get away with wearing khaki dress pants but not very many did. I even saw a lot of people in like suit like outfits.

We have pics from when we went there but we were so underdressed that I was kind of embarrassed! lol. I will post pics of the food though especially.

Ladies should wear a beautiful dress....... even a semi formal dress isn't too much for this place. it's truly beautiful. I wore a collared aeropostale polo and black dress pants :( my buddy the same with khakis i think.

I'll post pics in a bit! Gotta run around!

Maison De Michelle is DEFINITELY worth a visit at least once! Same with Shangri but I think shangri is a lottttt less formal but still dressy :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice