goin in 12 days and hav 2 questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by gman4, May 22, 2008.

1. gman4

gman4 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Firstly is it better to take dollars or pesos as not sure which to take? Secondly we're stayin at Temptation and got friends in iberostar tucan playa del carmen does anyone know how far they are from each other? Cant wait to go now, still not quite sure wat to expect though but we're gonna hav a good time.

cheers

2. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to Cancuncare.

1- $ or Pesos - IMO, you'll be good with either. I normally take a few $ and just withdraw pesos from the ATMS. I find I get a much better exchange rate using ATMS.

2- Playa Del Carmen - It's been a while since I've been down there, but if memory serves me correctly, and the streets haven't become much busier, I think it's about 45 mins from TRS, heading south.

3. Harpers

Harpers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you are elling from the UK, then you can't go wrong with Dollars as we are getting a fantastic rate at the moment (yippeee cheap holiday).

If from US then go with a bit of both. Although dollars are widely accepted the Mexicans don't tend to give you change or they round prices up to reflect dollars. You also won't get change on buses when using dollars

Enjoy your hols

4. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Like the others said bring US dollars.

Playa del Carmen is a solid 45 min. by car. Bus takes even longer.

Nick and Renee

5. Venom

Venom Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    def bring dollars!!

as far as Playa, you should get there, its a fun town. youll have fun there.
    I rent a jeep and take a ride dow to PDC every trip down to cancun. I know its 45 mins from the Oasis thats on the opposite end of the hotel zone. and that is with me cruisin at about 65-70 mph. Buses take too long for me.

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Iberostar Tucan is in Playacar on the southern end, which is further south than Playa del Carmen. I'd say the commute is easily an hour if there is any traffic at all.

Michelle

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice