Furniture Stores

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Oct 22, 2010.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We've probably hit most of the furniture/home appliance places in town, now. There's remarkably a lot to choose from, and a few stores have some amazing stuff- "Actual" comes to mind, along with others we've seen, though such stores make Liverpool look like a discount furniture store.

We found a sofa set we liked at Dico, a bed at Altimus, and most of our appliances are coming from Telebodega (amusing system, set the price high then offer a substantial "discount").

One high peso store in Gran Plaza had been shut down by the government consumer protection agency: this may be one that T.J. has told us about, on another thread.

By the way, if his experience is any guide, the Mexican consumer protection agency is the most powerful one I've ever heard of- good to have on your side in a dispute.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's right V. The store now closed at Gran Plaza is Sergio Pilati's. They got on my bad side and that is not a good place to be. They ended up getting fines/multas equal to 90% of the amount of my claim and had to pay both. I got paid for sure.

They still have a store in PDC on the carretera so "Buyer Beware".

3. KTDLP

KTDLP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you should also give Triunfo a try. They have a lot of designer copy furniture, lighting, serve ware, dinner ware, decorating nick nacks, etc. The prices aren't the cheapest, compared to Telabodega but if you compare them to the designer originals, it is quite a deal. My mother in law bought a chandelier there for $3000 pesos that we saw in the Neiman Marcus catalog for $3000 dollars. She also found her dining room chairs that were 1/3 the designer's price. It is in the little plaza with Papa Bills Restaurant and Tiffany's (formerly Dubai). Next to the Chrysler.

4. GenR

GenR Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looking for furnitur ?

Hi there, just to tell if your looking for some quality furniture and need some personal guide i use to work for ACTUAL (very expensive store for a china made furniture) and have contact with some others stores, i am architect designer and have my own models too, if you need some professional services at just price please contact me. 998 735 10 65 cel

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    KTDLP first spoke of it on this thread, but for those of you who haven't yet been there, a visit to "Triunfo" is an eye opener.

Specializing in imports from China and a few other Asian nations, the store is piled literally floor to ceiling (three stories!) with goods of all kinds, including furniture. We've bought several pieces there, but it's worth a visit just to have a chuckle at the amazing variety of goods produced in that part of the world.

It's located on the same street as "Needful Things", but on the opposite side, and just a little further down the road towards Av Kabah.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  6. Alfred8100

Alfred8100 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks man...me and my wife looking forward to buy bedroom furniture.This will be helpful for me...thanks for everything....

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alfred,

Using the Hotel Zone as a reference point, Kukulcan Blvd, that runs thru the HZ, becomes Coba when you get downtown. El Triunfo is a bizarre store to say the least.

It is on the left, painted an ugly shade of darker blue, about midway between the traffic lights at the intersections of Palenque (Office Depot on the left just after this light) and La Costa (McDonald's on the left at the light). So if you get to McDonalds you have gone too far. There is a retorno (U Turn) just past El Triunfo, before La Costa / McDonalds.

I can share with you that V's wife has invited me many times to meet her at El Triunfo, as apparently both my patience and taste exceed that of V. Just kidding sort of as we are very good friends.

8. David S

David S Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know where I can buy a cheap refrigerator?

I have been looking all over for a cheap refrigerator. Liverpool...nope. Sears...nope. Telebodaga...maybe. Any help would be great!

9. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One of the places that on occasion sells very good quality furniture is Costco. And for any reason after some time you don't like it they will take it back. Not sure what time of the year they have it but its worth looking at. I think Sams also does the same thing as well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice