Fun and sun getaways scam cancun

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by sweetchildomine, Nov 19, 2012.

1. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    fun and sun getaways is a bullshit booking for the $99/nt! I just spent 1/2 hour on the phone with them and am waiting for a supervisor/owner to call within the next 24hrs. Hopefully Karen can chime in on any legal aspect to this? NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM PISSED!!!:ranting1::ranting1::ranting1:

I booked on Nov 11th, and got a confirmation number(fun and sun's) while the web site said there was still 8 hours left to the promotion. Within a few hours they had charged my card with the amount of $814.28 for 7 nights. I had called TTR and they said I did not have a reservation number though TTR and I should wait until a month or 2 before travel to see if it clears. No wanting to do that I called "fun an sun" to see what the issue is.

According to them(fun and sun) my reservation had been put on hold and that is why I had not received a confirmation. The reason for it being put on hold is they are "no longer running that promotion". When I asked when the promotion ended they said November 15th, four days after I booked and was charged. Now they said they could book some other place but they are not able to book me at TTR because they aren't running that promo. I asked when they were going to tell me that they couldn't get me a confirmation for a room and they didn't have an answer. They also couldn't answer how they couldn't get me a room when I was confirmed and paid 4 days before they stopped the promotion.

If you did book through this site, PLEASE double check via email, so you have written confirmation that you do have a confirmed reservation through TTR with their own number. Also ask them if there is any possible way you could be cancelled or not booked by the time you arrive, even if you do have a confirmation number.

Guess you get what you pay for. I think I would gladly pay a higher price for piece of mind!

2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    That really ,, sucks,, there's about 10 of us here that have booked.

When booking they said I would not get a # from the resort for at least 14 days and up to 60 days.

Is this part of their scam ??? I hope not. The BBB of Florida does not have that many claims on them . I had researched them before booking.
    If you have to rebook I checked Orbitz today was at 142 US
    Hopefully things work out for everyone,

3. sweetchildomine

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    That is the same thing they told me but I don't trust sales too much. My guess is that was their scam or they promo'd it wrong and it was supposed to be $99/nt per person. They did say they could get us into TTR under their rate of $199/nt .

I just emailed them with request of contact with their VP of sales within 24hrs or I will be contacting the BBB and the US and Florida attorney generals for false advertising and fraud.

If they don't honor the confirmation they gave me, I will contact all of the above and will be getting reimbursed which they did offer to do.

4. Jess N Paul

Jess N Paul I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +281 / 0
    Go getem'....why, why do people have to scam. Those people are what's wrong with the world. Makes people afraid to do anything. I hope you get them and get them GOOD.

5. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    If you only booked on 11/11 let your credit card people handle it. Can't wait to get there Wednesday and make sure the numbers we got from the resort on our group are authentic. Or not. I will still be under our 60 days..........

6. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    From Nov 12

I has copied this on nov 12 from their site

[​IMG]

7. sweetchildomine

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    oh Thank YOU! Donald if I ever see you I am going to kiss you! just make sure we are both drunk so I can blame it on the booze! Nice work safe gaurding. I never thought to screen shot it!

8. peg6897

peg6897 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keep trying, might want to look at elliott.org. He's a consumer advocate that helps with situations like this. Also on his website are email addresses of big guys at different companies. He used to have a column on CNN.com. Good luck!

9. PinaColadaLuvR

PinaColadaLuvR Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We also booked last week, and after reading these posts I called to confirm. The rep. told me our reservation was cancelled, and they refunded our credit card. They said they were no longer affiliated with Temptations, so I immediately called our cc company to make sure that fun and sun doesn't get paid. He also added that they could get us a room for $199 a night.

10. KScpl

KScpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0

Guess I better call them tomorrow and see whats up. We were billed immediately and the next day it was on my CC account. Good luck everyone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice