Frontier Airlines

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by The Original G Spots, Dec 25, 2019.

1. The Original G Spots

The Original G Spots Baby G & Craig G Registered Member

Ratings:
    +215 / 0
    I need help from my TTR people. Have anyone ever flown Frontier Airlines. I'm asking because Frontier have really discounted fares out of EWR one way to Cancun. Where the next fare is usually United airlines for about $200. Want to know if it is worth the trouble. Thanks Ahead.

2. Epic & Jewel

Epic & Jewel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,557 / 0
    Yes, we've flown Frontier out of St. Louis with no issues. However, you do have to pay attention to the fees. Like many discount airlines they publish a fare then they start adding fees for things like checked bags, carry on bags and even seat selection. If you are flying light then you should be fine but with one checked and one carry on we've found the price to be comparable with Southwest Airlines. We have still selected them on occasion simply because their flight schedule is perfect for arriving at TTR by noon on our travel day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Noah

Noah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 1
    Frontier is fine. In some ways they are better than united in that Frontier is upfront with the fees they plan on charging you, while United pretends it’s not a cut-throat discount airline who’s goal in life is to charge you fees. Just make sure you know what ticket your booking re baggage fees, and you will be good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  4. Dr.awkar.rD

Dr.awkar.rD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +68 / 0
    After flying Frontier, I would literally prefer walking from the Midwest US.
    But it’s economical.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Orpus

Orpus Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 5
    Frontier is the Greyhound of the airlines...inexpensive yes, but they have a way of making you feel like you are traveling via cattle car. To each their own, but I prefer being treated like a turd on one of the mainline carriers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  6. Rcraig

Rcraig Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0
    I've flown Frontier from both STL and ORD several times and to CUN and other destinations over the past 5 years. I have never had any issues, other than a minor delay here and there like any other airline. The big differences are that they will charge you for everything (just like all of the discount airlines do) and IF there is a problem with weather/mechanical the issues will likely get bad. They fly limited routes with little or no connection options and limited schedules (like once per day per route) so if something goes wrong, there are very few options other than to wait it out. They also don't overbook so you don't have to worry about bumps, etc. If they are flying at the time you need to go and to the place you need to go to, it is usually pretty smooth. Just like Walmart; if they have exactly what you need, and you don't need great customer service, things go smooth and you can save some money (sometimes substantial money). If you're not sure they will have what you need or you think they will be able to assist with any sort of special situation, then you are better off going somewhere else because you are probably going to walk out frustrated. Just don't expect them to be Nordstrom's and you should be fine. They are Walmart.

7. shotgun

shotgun Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 2
    used Frontier many times. Just know you pay extra for every thing. Carry on bag $35.00 Seat selection cost extra along with any drinks. I call no thrilles flying. They are cheap and have always been on time. I will be useing them come april a gain.

8. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Frontier was our nonstop option out of STL for years before SW began offering nonstop optioins a couple of years ago. The Cancun flights are shared by Apple Vacations and Funjet so I check pricing on those as well as directly with Frontier. Whenever we fly Frontier I buy "The Works" package which gets us seated in row 2 or 3, prepaid carryon and check bags, and full refundable fares. The seats in the first rows are very roomy and an OK value for the extra it costs. The flights out of STL have always been early am flights and the plane is always there waiting. We fly down on Sunday with an 8 am flight, and hope the plane is there with the later departing flight as well.

Getting back to you question, I have never had an issue with a Frontier flight.

9. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    We use Frontier all the time! We live in Cleveland and Frontier flies to Cancun non-stop and is always the most affordable option. For us, it's even better since the flight arrives in Cancun like 11am so there's plenty of time to enjoy the resort.

Frontier is cheap, but they can nickel and dime you. We usually get the "bundle" which gets us a free carry-on, free checked bag, preferred seating and priority boarding. The bundle adds about $70 each way. It's a "luxury" for us just so we can get the better seating and priority boarding; we don't bother with the checked bag as we only bring carry-on luggage.

We've always had good service with Frontier and maybe only a handful of delays during winter months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Chicagocpl

Chicagocpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 0
    We've flown Frontier the last 4 times we have been to Cancun.
    We both got the Frontier credits cards with 40000 miles each. Flown twice now for "free" lol.
    It's about 15000 air miles each way, depending on departure day (some are 25000).
    The "works" package cost $260 for both of us this time. That's seat selection, priority boarding a carry on and a checked bag.
    One thing they have started doing is an additional $10 ($40 total) if you want to select the stretch reclining seats....previously that was free.
    We've never had an issue with them :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice