Front Desk Credit Card

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cops33178, Feb 18, 2011.

1. cops33178

cops33178 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another question!
    Typically here in the US you are required present a credit card upon checking in at the hotel for incidentals and resort credits and whatnot.. They usually place a hold on your funds and then clear it once you checkout. Does the same apply in cancun? My stay has been prepaid so the room is fully covered, and im staying at the ME so it is AI, but I want to know if such a card will be required for the stay. I dont really use credit cards and If i put my debit card the funds will be blocked off so i want to know if i should go prepared for such holds..

Thanks guys!

2. AussieGuy25

AussieGuy25 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm also staying at the ME. My travel agent told me that I can use my Travelex Cash Passport when checking into the hotel, so I'm assuming by this that you do need to "present a credit card upon checking in".

Just one thing though, I have never had a hold placed on my funds. The hotels I have stayed in usually freeze or process payment of say $200, and then on check-out reverse/credit the charge. I've never been to the US so I'm speaking from experience staying in hotels outside of the US.

Look mate, if in doubt get a Travelex card with a few hundred $$ on it & you'll be sweet.

Good luck with it!

3. Princess015690

Princess015690 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    yay! more people staying at the ME! =]

4. lukos

lukos Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I've booked into the oasis cancun (via be-live) and used my debit card details to pre-book it. I've since lost the card though and my banks sent a nu card thru with a different number, will I have a problem at check in?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice