Free Seminar! Tax Obligations for Canadians living in Mexico

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by a.pierce, Jan 11, 2013.

1. a.pierce

a.pierce Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there!

We are hosting another Free Seminar and wanted to share in the case that you might be interested! Saludos from Puerto Morelos!! :)

2013 HOMEOWNER WORKSHOP:
    Tax Obligations for Canadian Citizens that Own Property, Trusts, or Bank Accounts in Mexico

We are often asked by Canadian citizens who own property and businesses in Mexico about their obligations in reporting foreign property, bank accounts, and income. This workshop is designed to answer just those questions!!

Mayan Riviera Properties is proud to host a special Homeowner's Workshop! Mr. Don Mackay is a practicing Chartered Accountant from Calgary, Alberta (and a fellow homeowner in Puerto Morelos).

He will be presenting information & answering questions about tax obligations Canadian Citizens have when living and owning abroad.
    * Do I need to declare my Mexican bank accounts? If so, How?
    * Do I need to declare my Mexican Fideicomiso Trust which holds my Property? If so, How?
    * Applicable Deductions
    * Can I use my Mexican Property as my Principle Residence? Does it qualify as a Vacation Residence? What tax advantages do I have either way?
    * Foreign Tax Credits and Capital Gains

FREE!
    January 17th, 2013
    5 p.m.
    Hacienda Morelos Hotel, just 2 blocks south of the Puerto Morelos Town Square on the Ocean.

If you are planning to attend, we ask that you please RSVP. This way, we can provide enough seating for everyone who would like to attend. Please click here to RSVP: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFJTb2dBVlBzRjZsQ3hYeDhxX2RYbkE6MQ

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice