Flying Solo to Ring in the New Year at Tempation Cancun 01/04-01/14

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by SKW17, Dec 19, 2012.

1. SKW17

SKW17 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings from Sunny...er, uh snowy Southern Utah!

Traveling solo to Temptation Cancun to kick off 2013 on the right foot. I was a repeat guest at Hedo III and Desire in Cabo while married and my last visit to Desire was in February of 2009. Been divorced for 2 years now and finally decided to venture south of the border on my own. While trying to decide where to go, Temptation Cancun kept coming up as one of the top choices as preferred destination for single adults looking for a vacation a little out of the ordinary, which is exactly what I could use after a long year of hard work. I've been a little apprehensive of staying at Hedo or Temptation because I know what the attitude is towards the so-called "Vinnies" that can turn up at places like this (I've shared the same disdain towards them myself) but having experienced these resorts before as a couple, knowing and respecting the etiquette I feel like I can visit Temptation with no expectations other than to get some long-needed sun, lose some inhibitions or at least forget them for a few days and hopefully make some new friends along the way.

I'm on here looking to meet some new people ahead of time so I can see some familiar faces when I arrive.

Just confirmed my plans today...Woohoo!

2. browneyedbuckeye

browneyedbuckeye Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    clueless as to what a "vinnie" is??? we are there the 30th to the 4th, unless the world ends on the 21st :)

3. SKW17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha...awesome! We'll know tomorrow for sure either way :)

A "vinnie" can be described a few ways but typically he's a single guy who either doesn't know or doesn't particularly care about boundaries or the etiquette associated with the "lifestyle" so to peak. He can also be one of those guys who just tries to join in on the fun uninvited or lurks about staring and more or less just acts creepy. Anyone reading this, please correct me if I'm wrong :)

BTW, I screwed up my departure date in the subject line of my post and can't figure out how to change it. My actual departure date is 01/04.

I'm Tony :)

4. browneyedbuckeye

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi tony,
    thanks for the definition! we are not in the "lifestyle", although I learned quite a bit about it from my first stay at temptations with a male friend several years ago... we went to celebrate both of our divorces (not from each other, still friends today, lol)!

Met and hung out with a really fun couple, with the lady's hubby trying several times to get me to convince my friend to "be" with his wife... he had absolutely no interest, but I did find it hilarious, even when having to remove said hubby's hand off my ass repeatedly :) all in good fun

My now hubby & I enjoy letting loose when we have the chance to. We are there the 30th to the 6th... the 4th is my 40th... woohoooo... when do you get in on the 31st?

5. SKW17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Haha, yeah...it can be quite educational and entertaining at the same time. My wife and I weren't in the lifestyle either when we visited Hedo and Desire but we loved the atmosphere and also being able to let loose. Things are a bit different being single now but I'm looking forward to an amazing week :)

Since I work for an airline, I'm at the mercy of the standby Gods...but if all goes as planned, I should arrive in Cancun around 10am then hopefully at the resort no later than noon. Of course, that all depends on customs and successfully running the timeshare gauntlet to make my shuttle...haha!

6. browneyedbuckeye

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't make eye contact with anyone once you pass customs, I almost run to get to the shuttle area... And read on here way to avoid whole timeshare sales pitch at resort is to state when checking in that a repeat guest so no need.. Did express check-in online but no idea if that will make check in faster. We will have a spot at the pool, so no worries on where to put your things, chair games always an issue but hubby loves the challenge!

7. Scott'N'Jenn

Scott'N'Jenn Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    HAHA... A "Vinnie", that's awesome!! I am going to have to remember that one. We had one on Steve's boob cruise in November that is a member of this forum and should have known better. It was one thing as you put it to "jump in on the fun uninvited" but after the cruise when he put his hands on my wife was another. If we were anywhere else but TTR things would have ended differently than me removing his hand and placing it on his own ass. I don't have a problem with single guys at the resort, see the merit of it for those into the "lifestyle" (we are not) and we have met some cool ones but c'mon have some respect.

8. SKW17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Excellent advice! I'll try the express check-in and keep an eye out for you guys when I arrive. Thanks for letting me stash my stuff by you too! I'll do my best to update you on my arrival time but If I don't, just look for the travel-weary, pasty looking guy (normally I'm have a little more color but this was a last minute idea) wandering around dressed like he has no business being poolside in Mexico...haha! Looking forward to meeting you guys and if I don't talk to you before next week, have a Merry Christmas and travel safe!

9. SKW17

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh man! These kind of guys just have no respect at times. I totally agree with the way you handled it. You always run the risk of some kind of a situation like that when on an "uninhibited" vacation but for the most part everyone is very respectful. Like I said before, I've been considering a trip to TTR for a while but have a been hesitant because of the negative light these so-called "Vinnies" can put on all single guys. I finally decided to go for it and looking forward to a great week regardless.

10. briaus78

briaus78 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jan 2nd to jan 8th

Hi All,

Single male (not a vinnie haha) I will be there from the 2nd to the 8th. 2nd time to temptations. I went with my exwife a couple years ago. I am going to celebrate my recent divorce and looking forward to warm weather and meeting new friends!!
    Brian

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice