Flights

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by diannahb830, Aug 13, 2021.

1. T&D PA

T&D PA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 1
    We are booked for June for TTR & Desire. I have been looking at flights and have found one that is around $1100 roundtrip for two. I am wondering if it is worth booking now, or should I wait? We don't travel enough to know the trends in flights. My guess is the price will only go up, but I was curious on other people's experiences.

2. Vegas in TX

Vegas in TX Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +180 / 0
    Depends on where you are flying from, if you have set dates, etc. We are traveling in May and June and have direct flights from DFW for $664 for two people not including baggage fees. Same flights a day or two earlier or later were up to double that price.

3. T&D PA

T&D PA Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 1
    Wow that is a great price!! Our dates are already set and booked so we do not have wiggle room with that. We can fly from either Philly or Baltimore. I guess my question is, is there a chance prices would go down? Or would they likely just go up as time passes?

4. MCP_&_HeavyD

MCP_&_HeavyD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 1
    If you fly SW and the price drops you can call or rebook online and they’ll give you a voucher for the credit to use on future bookings, no change fee. Some airlines like JetBlue if you book any fare but the basic blue, you can cancel and rebook at the lower fare no cancel fee and they’ll also give you travel credit for future use. It’s a win win.

5. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    Dallas is a lot closer to Cancun than Philly. $550 per person probably isn't a bad price. I doubt it will get a lot cheaper but you never know. Even if your resort dates are set you can check flight prices a day ahead of your resort stay and a day later at the end. Sometimes the day of the week affects the price quit a bit. If it is a lot cheaper you can get a cheap hotel for one night and go to the the resort early the next morning. Same way when leaving stay at the resort until the evening then go to your hotel for the night and fly out the next day. We do that if we can only find flights that arrive late in the day. Add one day to the trip and fly to Cancun in the afternoon or evening and stay in an inexpensive hotel. Then go to the resort the next morning rested up and ready to party. You get a lot more bang for your buck. I hate showing up at the resort at 5 or 6PM tired from traveling.

6. suendave25

suendave25 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    We are flying out of Philly in December. We booked the trip in February and the flights as soon as they opened up December bookings. We paid with bags and direct flights around $650.00. The day of the week you travel and what day you book makes differences. I also expect we could see flights drop some with the COVID cases increasing

7. sjw2014

sjw2014 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +642 / 0
    I travel extensively for work. Check multiple departure locations proximal to you as soon as the fares are available for direct or single stop to CUN. for instance, we can fly direct from SAT to CUN in summer but that changes to AUS in winter. Also, book as early as possible as the dates typically will only increase in price. Use the low trip calendar to find the best days for your trip. We literally saved well over 50,000 points by searching for the lowest point airfare for our upcoming trip.

8. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Wait until about 6-8 weeks out. Its never failed me. Been using that method for years. I just booked our flights to Cancun in Oct. from Houston a couple weeks ago for $620 total RT. 3 months ago it was $900.

Best part...it was FREE due to points on our Visa card! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice