First Visit Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Bigsteve, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Bigsteve

Bigsteve Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Overall the Resort was extremely nice and beautifully decorated. There are several areas still needing finished from entire rooms, hot/cold water issues, some AC issues, drainage on jacuzzi patios, and the spa still only has limited services. However, there is constant work being done and you can see improvements and finishing touches on a daily basis.

We found the resort staff to be the most valued part of our visit. Our butler, the waiters, spa personnel, pool waiters, and housecleaning services to be exceptional everyday and each day they get better. The entertainment portion was great and the staff doing the entertainment was awesome and always spent their off time talking to guests and trying to find out how to be better.

Resort front desk and concierge were not very knowledgeable about the resort or surrounding areas. They were very nice and professional but we found out we could research google and find what we were looking for quicker than the front desk staff. We encountered issues with hot/cold water, TV, Safe, and patio flooding and each time we requested a quick fix to an issue it honestly seemed to worsen the problem. I do believe it's only because many of the issues and fixtures are new to the employees as well.

The worst experience we encountered was spending 5 1/2 hours being convinced to join the Premier Membership Club. We met for our 10:00am breakfast our first full day and by then had researched enough to know it was for the Premier Membership of which they don't call a timeshare but is pretty darn close regardless. It was nearly 11:00 before we had breakfast and both my wife and I were surprised when Diego the young man from Premier Members started the tour and tells us bits and pieces how the program works. We could tell we were in for a long afternoon but it was raining and scheduled to rain well into the evening. Diego provided numerous sales pitches along the tour including the yacht but always without being price specific. Then we went to meet in the Premier Membership temporary office and the fireworks started. First let me say I am a business man and very conservative on how we spend our hard earned money, so doing my homework I knew going in what our limits were. First offer was $100,000, yes $100,000 but included usage of the yacht. After 2 1/2 additional hours my wife and I said enough is enough. I simply wrote down on the pad what I was willing to spend, how I was going to pay (no interest) and what I wanted in free nights, number of weeks, Referrals, and so forth. The manager Sean was nice enough (like everyone at Temptation is), but he was very sales oriented and could make a 1975 Chevy appear to be a 2018 Cadillac. He pushed hard they would not do that type deal and had never asked and I simply said we have never been asked to buy a "timeshare" without knowing the service, the facility, the staff, and the resort still unfinished. He took it to his boss and we became Premier Members under our proposal. We were then told to go with Diego and switch white wrist bands to black and start enjoying our benefits including a very nice young man as our butler for the remainder of our stay. Hence, 5 hours spent on nonstop proposals to become members. I have to say like the resort itself we are too new to know if the Premier Membership is full of the perks they tell us. I only know we never found what my wife considered "premium liquor" because she simply asked for a couple popular Mexican beers and was told "no, we don't carry". Although there are areas designated for Premier Members in the pool and beach area they are used very little because frankly they are away from most the activity in the pool area but do have nicer chairs. The butler service and our butler Alexanjer was perfect, just a great young man wanting to please his customers. In closing about the Premier Membership, Diego was our sales lead and we fell in love with the nice young man and I will firmly state we would not have purchased from anyone else. He's just a joy. The bottom line on Premier, figure what you will spend on vacations the next several years, add in the bonus nights you receive, plus the fees you will pay RCI and don't spend anymore. If you are lucky enough to use your referral weeks that is an added bonus but I did not figure in. Offer that dollar number spread out over a short-term monthly payment plan with no interest and make it your offer. Do not let the owners invest your money in annuities then charge you interest on top because it's your money. Please don't say if you don't like it, why buy it? The answer is clear, I like Premier when done my way and sill be fine. I truly dislike the way it's presented on your first day with way too many variables. Rant over.

There were numerous other pros and cons and if you want me to specifically address a topic you can let me know if not I will close my first visit to Temptation this way:

Without the need for nice places with a more free lifestyle, Temptation in its current condition would struggle. If this resort was in the states it would have never been permitted to open. Still way too much to do and still tons going on during busy hours. American hotels and resorts would be under constant lawsuits until finished and no one would chance it. Yes, one more thing. All the tile floors are always slippery from pool water being carried in and seen several customers slip and also 2 waiters (yes, with trays of food and beverage).

My wife and I left with this conclusion:

Of course we will return and truly think by the holiday season and end of the year Temptation will be 180 degrees from where it is, the staff and workers will see to it. We took a lot in stride and as first time visitors knew it could only get better and it will. We had an exceptional time at theme nights, quiet dinners, pool parties, and beach time. I did not want to paint a rosy picture for those who are coming soon but please understand our issues are truly fixable and we are sure they will be. So please enjoy this wonderful resort that is full of the amenities most people only dream of.

• Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks. Time will tell

3. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Thank you for the report!! There are some good advice on the timeshare talk which i'll be doing end of Oct. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Todays PSA: Never ask a financial advisor, about possibly sinking money into a timeshare. Hahahaha :)

5. weplay

weplay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    does everyone have to go to the timeshare seminar? is there a way to avoid it?

6. BethandDave

BethandDave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0
    No, no one has to. Just say no thanks when they try to pull you aside. Then say no thanks 10 more times while walking away from them :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. vacationfun2

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    If you are on a referral, you need to attend so the member gets paid. Prior to renovation, members received $500 for each referral. So if you are on a referral, please fulfill your obligation. (we are not members but have used Referrals)

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Just wanted to say that it's actually $250. It's $500 if the referral actual buys, and now with the new contracts the member also gets 2 nights as well.

9. vacationfun2

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks for the correction. I was close, lol.

10. Bigsteve

Bigsteve Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    The comments above are correct and we did talk to several people who paid the $20 (refundable fee if you attend) and decided not to go to the presentation so they paid $20 get out of jail money. With that being said it may end up being a good thing for us, I just don't like the way it's done and especially on the first day of your vacation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice