First Trip To Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by California23, May 5, 2007.

1. California23

California23 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey everyone. i will be going to cancun with my 3 friends july 1st to the 8th. I am 18 years old and you have no clue how excited I am to be going to cancun with my friends for a week. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for the nightlife there. Like which clubs are good and If some are better than others on certain nights. I am staying at the Hyatt Regency and I was wondering if that is close to the night life. Also, could anyone tell me fun things to do during the day. Thank You so much!

2. rikib004

rikib004 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey

Your hotel will be a good point of contact to find out what is good which night...

Allthe bars and clubs are good, if you do a little searching you will find alot of topics on here that tell you about the bars....

have fun be safe

3. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For clubbing and overall nitelife, you are exactly where you want to be - your hotel is in the Convention Center area which is where the great majority of the club nitelife is at or near. I suspect you will be able to walk (or stumble) to (or back from) more of the clubs in Cancun from your hotel than just about any other I can think of, which is actually not the norm in Cancun as most hotels are at least a bus or cab ride away from the 'action'.

4. California23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you for the advice. Is fat tuesdays the place to be on tuesday night? And what night do you recomend to go to the city night club. I already know that coco bongo is great on fridays and saturday nights.

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hahahah im sure we do my friend, enjoy the trip

6. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    aweeeee this was me 2 years ago!!! except we went july 10-17.... you will have so much fun!

7. California23

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    are the clubs usually strict on checking ID to get into the clubs and drink? also highschool grad trips go down there and I know they go to the clubs and drink.

8. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In Mexico you will see 12 year olds in the bars drinking id is not strict. Fat tuesday is not the place to be atall anymore the old place is gone replaced further along the road by what can only be described as a cafe and not even on the beach :cry:

9. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not at all..........unless theyve changed it

10. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The legal drinking age is 18, so you won't have any problem getting something to drink. And yes, the vendors in Cancun (and in Europe to a great extent) have little reason to care whether you're entirely of legal drinking age - as long as you behave yourself. Act stupid, and what happens to you after that will still be irrespective of your age. You will automatically be assumed to be old enough to know better.

Last and most important, take care not to buy or intend to consume anything illegal (what's illegal here is the same as what's illegal there) as the person selling it to you has a 1 in 3 chance of having the authority to handcuff you and throw you into jail (a Mexican jail, mind you) with little recourse and few observations of any 'rights' you may have otherwise had (minimal at best, to be sure). And BTW, the other 2 (of the 3) -- would very likely be selling you something other than what you were expecting and may decide to forcibly help themselves to your personal belongings directly after the transaction.

Hopefully a word to the wise is sufficient.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice