First timer

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by outbackmac, Dec 5, 2012.

1. outbackmac

outbackmac Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wife and I are making our first ever all inclusive trip. we are in our 50,s her 52 i 54

Looking for any info you can share, do,s and dont,s

My wife also likes to dress nice for dinner and wear her heels and of course i love to see her in high heels.

please help us out

2. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Welcome to the club, when are you guys planning out taking your trip?

3. Viking5343

Viking5343 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You won't regret it. This will be our third time. When will you be there

4. deadstroke

deadstroke Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're going for our first time as well Dec 19-23 for a quick trip before Christmas. I did want to ask if we should book our airport transfers before or just get one once we arrive?

5. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Depends on what your looking for in a ride? Last few trips we have used a company called epic. The driver is standing outside the airport holding your name up on a board...Next thing you know your in the cab off to the resort with no waiting... Many other services are good also and there is always a bus type of transportation which probably would be cheaper... Have a fun trip !

6. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Question ? This resort looks pretty nice in many ways. One thing that keeps us from booking is that they don't have bottled water in the room. Is this actually true? Hard to believe for an all inclusive in Mexico. If it is true is it a deal breaker or are there ways to get around it? Thanks S & T

7. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We always use USA Transfers for our trips, they offer private shuttles for like $55, round trip for 2,this is lots better and only about $10 more than shared rides plus you can now pay them online before you leave home. The advantage to this is that you are the only ones in your car and you dont have to wait for the van to fill up and make stops dropping everyone else off at their hotels, USA will also take you by walmart to pick up supplies if needed, i think this is about $30 more. I reccomend getting the transportation with whatever company you use before you go.

At GP you have to dress up to eat at Shangra-La so that will be good for y'all. The Old Barn is a steak house type restaurant, i cant think of the Chinese restaurant at GP both have an atmosphere where you can either dress up or casual so you will be fine at either. We never went to Pier 12 the sea food restaurant there so cant help you with that one.

With GP you also get free access and transportaion to their sister property the Great Parnassus, and a water park.

The say that all tips are included, but the workers at the hotel work so hard and go out of their way to make your stay better, we always leave tips for all and this does sometimes, not always, get better service or drinks lol, plus we feel they deserve it.

AI is awesome this is the only way we travel now, you dont have to worry about having money or credit card for anything just some tip money, it makes for a lot more relaxing time no worries at all except, will the next drink arrive before the one in your hand is empty lol.

If theres something specific you have questions about at GP we will try to help answer them.

8. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They do have bottled water in rooms along with soda and beer. And all hotels use filtered water so its pretty safe to drink.

9. garandcar

garandcar Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    We are heading there on friday , we would like to see the Bears /Viking game on sunday. Do they have most sports at one of thier bars ?? or do we search out somewhere else on the strip ?? Thanks !!

10. Popatop

Popatop Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is bottled water available in the rooms. Usually only 2 per day, but housekeeping will give you more. Also, the water from the sink is fine to drink. Never had a problem with water at the GP. Have a great trip and tell Fonzy and Jose hello.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice