First Timer Trip Report March 10th-16th

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by dispatch1287, Mar 26, 2013.

1. dispatch1287

dispatch1287 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife and I had a great time there and will most likely return.

Hotel and Lobby: Impressed with what they have attempted to do with an older resort. No complaints here. The wife loved all the mirrors in the sitting area on the right as you walked in; was a neat idea. If you are expecting to be wow'ed with a brand new resort and modern decor you are in the wrong place. We have been to Vegas 5 or 6 times and stayed at the Wynn twice; if something of that luxury is what you are looking for this is not the place. We weren't looking for that so not a problem for us.

Rooms: We spent the extra money upfront for a Jacuzzi room so that we would be in the quiet pool area from the start. Personally, we found it worth it. The difference in price when we booked was $150/person. There was no noise to speak of here. The beds are firm but it did not give us a problem sleeping, that's what unlimited alcohol is for. We didn't have a problem with our air conditioning, I turned it on high and as low as it goes the moment we got there. (For a point of reference its normally between 68-70 in our house). Again they seem to be doing what they can with the rooms to keep them updated and fresh. The mood lighting was neat and the decor was fine. Again if you are expecting luxury in the 5-star sense this is not your place. Try Vegas, etc. Our only complaint about the room was lighting. We only had a small reading lamp type light on each side of the bed in the main area. When it got dark so did our room.

Food: Breakfast: I highly recommend taking advantage of the room service order and the buffet. We are on vacation and hate setting an alarm, so room service works great. The fresh fruit is great and so is the plate of danishes. Also, the buffet has fresh omelettes. Lunch: The buffet is okay, but then again food prepared en masse like that is rarely great. The exception being some of the buffet's in Vegas but again that is the exception and not the rule. My goal on a lunch buffet in some place like Cancun (2x) or the Dominican (1) is merely can I find enough to eat not to be hungry. The answer is yes. Also, we ate a majority of our lunches at Margaritas. Between the two of us we tried most everything on the menu there and it was all good. No complaints at all. Dinner: RESERVATIONS. Its that simple. Get up twice the week you are there and make reservations. We ate at all the restaurants, including Margaritas at night and the Seafood. Our favorite was the Italian, which we ate at 3 times. Paddy O's: Late night cheeseburgers and fries. Might have been the alcohol, but delicious. We would get a cheeseburger and a plate of fries to take back with us to the room at nights. Overall: You may notice that I said the food was good, amid complaints of others about how poor the food is. My answer to this is: it depends on what you are expecting. You are in Mexico, not only do they not have the same quality of meats that you are most likely used to but they also, don't have the same sanitary and prep standards. I have eaten at many a 5-star restaurant and no its not 5-star quality; its not even the quality of some of your chain restaurants - like Ruth Chris for example. But if you go into it expecting that, then again I would suggest you think about going somewhere else. Otherwise, its perfectly good food and you won't go hungry.

Entertainment: The shows at Nice Shoes at nights were great. Loved that they avoid the cheesy song and dance routines of most Caribbean destinations (i.e. no Michael Jackson show). The entertainment staff does a great job getting the crowd involved at all times. They even managed to get my wife to participate in the Ladies Arm Wrestling Contest. Amy, Nathan, Sarah, and Paloma do an excellent job.

Drinks: If you are particular about your liquor just make sure to request it. Never had a problem getting the request fulfilled. After a few times, I didn't even have to ask anymore the bartenders just knew. I highly recommend a Frozen Vodka Collins.

Atmosphere: The patrons, the staff, everyone was extremely friendly and it was a lot of fun. We had a great time and met many people while down there. Yes, it was Spring Break while we were down there (my wife and I being students - technically we are a part of it). That being said, there still seemed to be more couples than not; just a higher number of single guys than expected. But I can see how this would make people uncomfortable and will probably in the future avoid this time. As it did get annoying that if I even walked away for a minute at night while at Paddy O's one of the single guys would take a run at my wife.

Tipping: The service here was excellent, everyone did there best to meet your needs and they work hard. Out of all the places I have been to, Temptations Staff members were the most willing to converse with you in English (if your Spanish like mine is limited to a few key phrases). I tipped the housekeeper $3 a day and left a special request on the first day (I wanted 2 bottles of water and 4 cokes instead of the other drinks), which I then never had to repeat the rest of the week as Sebastian took care of it. The bartenders were great, never had a problem getting a drink. I would tip a few dollars every few drinks and by the 2nd or 3rd day I didn't have to ask anymore. For those of you going in the next few weeks Ivan at the bar in Italian restaurant is great. He started off in the Sports Bar/Nice Shoes Bar during most of our week. Ivan would have my wife and I new drinks before we could ask. I highly recommend making friends with Ivan once he moves back to the Sports Bar in the middle of April. He works very hard and when he ran out of Skyy Vodka (went through 3 bottles in one night) he went across the resort and got me another bottle. Needless to say I tipped Ivan very well for this excellent service.

Chairs: As unfair as it may be, the easiest thing to do is take two (or the appropriate number) of old t-shirts you don't care about and place them on the chairs on your way in from partying. We didn't do this the first night and we didn't have a chair the second day. The next night we notice how many were taken on the way to the room at 2 AM so we decided to join the club. We never had a problem again. Until the policy is changed, this is the best way to guarantee a chair.

As I said before we had a great time and will most likely be back!

2. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    nice trip report, cant wait till the 25 to party

3. ycats515

ycats515 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you for the report......first timers here april 25th-may 2nd

4. tiogamike

tiogamike Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
  5. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Nice TR... Thanks for sharing...
    Sounds like you guys are most definately destined to join our Royal Order of Repeaters:aktion033:

6. magicmat

magicmat Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    Great report, sounds like a great trip. Can I just ask...you suggest getting up "twice" to make restaurant reservations...don't you have to get up each morning that you want to eat in one of the restaurants, rather than the buffet?

Cant wait for my trip in August!!

7. dispatch1287

dispatch1287 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can make reservations for that night and the next 2 nights. So for us we were there 6 nights: we made the first 3 nights when we got there, and then middle of the week we made the last set of reservations. However, the longer your trip the more often you have to get up.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice