First Time to Cancun and Gov

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by NatashaandJoel, Mar 18, 2014.

1. NatashaandJoel

NatashaandJoel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be going to GOV May 4th-9Th to celebrate 5 years of marriage. We are just wondering if anyone has any advice or tips for us as we are new and nervous! Anything would help thanks in advance! Cant wait to go we are super excited :lotsofmichaelfs:

2. Liv & Ren

Liv & Ren Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Congratulations!! We'll be there for our first GOV trip later in May for our 25th anniversary. It's our 5th trip to Mexico and first time staying near the hotel zone. Take sunscreen (it's too $$$ to purchase there), hats, Pepto, bandaids, Immodium, powder packets of Gatorade to add to bottled water for hangovers, shoes with non-slip soles (everything is slippery in Mexico), and Advil. Hopefully, you won't need any of the meds, but last year we gave some away to friends with tummy symptoms. Stay hydrated. Look at the nightly themes and take outfits if you want. A fun tour is Xel-Ha, an eco-park South of Cancun. Dance! Keep celebrating those anniversaries!!
    :mnm:

3. esparamedic12

esparamedic12 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be at GOV May 2 - 10th... Hope to see you all during the trip.. this will be our first time to GOV!!!! so hopefully it will be a good experience for Everyone... and first drink is on us, if we see you all!!! :)

4. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    What are you nervous about?

5. NatashaandJoel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much for the advice! I am still unsure about the theme nights as I have seen different things however I am pretty sure Tuesday is black/white wed. is lingerie/mask night and then Thursday is the kinky pirate....I am just nervous and over thinking it LOL all I know is I want to have a good time with good people and also spend some alone time with the hubby! Thanks for all your help!

6. NatashaandJoel

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I think I am just worried because it is such a different experience for me. I am a very conservative person and extremely insecure so I am worried that I will not be able to fully enjoy myself. I am hoping with a little liquid courage I will be able to let my hair down a little LOL

7. Canadian Dos Equis fan

Canadian Dos Equis fan Cancuncare's Most Interesting Man Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 0
    Just go with the flow and remember that you are there to have fun. If you decide that sitting reading a book and tanning is all you want to do then go for it. After all it is your vacation.

8. babydoll

babydoll Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0
    It's normal to be nervous but go and have the time of your lives and be naughty :)
    To quote a saying from another resort...just remember that " Nobody knows you and Nobody will give a shit and if they do " Screw them...lol

By the time your trip happens you will have learned a wealth of information from this site...We will be at GOV April 2 and will certainly be posting a trip report when we get back.

Have fun & Enjoy your trip... Happy Anniversary...Cheers :)

9. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    GOV should be much more mellow then TTR so you will be fine. If you dont want to go topless, dont. But as a newly topless person, I will tell ya, there is no going back after you set the twins free! LOL Just go at your own pace and have whatever kinda fun you want....

10. Chance_Sarah

Chance_Sarah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    I will tell you again...stop worrying about it!! You will have a blast! I know you will love it and it will all be great. Stop stressing and just have fun. We'll get you some awesome outfits and you WILL look amazing. Like said above, do what you are comfortable with. But, don't ever think things or stress yourself out over nothing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice