First Time Questions

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by lvcpl, Dec 29, 2021.

1. lvcpl

lvcpl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi everyone! Wife and I booked Temptation resort for January 13-17 and we have some questions about the resort. Sorry if these questions have been asked before, I was having a hard time finding the answers and the resort did not reply to my emails.

1. The only room that was available to book on delta vacations was the garden view, is it actually that booked or would we be able to upgrade to the ocean view once we arrive?

2. Do we need to make restaurant reservations ahead of time or will we be able to book them at the resort? Same question about the couples massage? Also, would you recommend doing it closer to the end of our stay or make it one of the first things we do?

3. I know it’s all fluid at this point, but are there any changes expected to the resort policies with the new covid surge? We aren’t worried about covid itself, we would just hate to have to cancel our trip again (we were planning on going at the end of March 2020) or have our experience tamed by having to wear masks at all times (we aren’t anti maskers, just don’t want to have to wear it while we are at the pool and such).

Also, we aren’t into the lifestyle or anything of that sort, but we would like to meet some friends there (we are in our mid to late 20s) to make our overall experience more fun! Are people generally pretty outgoing? And are we going to have any issues not being into the lifestyle?

Thanks!!

2. Funcdncpl32

Funcdncpl32 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +166 / 0
    our trip was from Dec 4-11 2021 from our time there this is what we had with our trip

1. we enjoyed our garden view,( quite, peaceful) we were the last building at the end and on the top floor of it, we normally would leave bash around 430 am so we don't start before 930 am so music at the pool can be loud, if you have the ocean/pool trendy view ones. so that is to consider how early you want to be woken up by music ( our friends rooms were trendy ocean/pool view) and they didn't like the bass because they don't like early starts.and also is it worth the price upgrade we spent little time in our room so for the extra $100 or so a night isn't worth it for us personally.

2, booking for the restaurant is only for SHE, and the hibachi( excuse my spelling) booking starts at 3 pm daily ( to ensure we got a spot i lined up at abour 2:45 while Karina soaked the sun and booze ) as for the couples massage i cannot help as we did not do that

3. Haven't seen anything from others about covid change rules, as Canadians mask are required everywhere you go so we put ours on when we walked into the hotel and they informed us it was optional, didn't see anyone other then employees wearing them, you will find at the pool that everyone interacts so doesn't make sense to wear it moving through the lobby etc. so really comes down to comfort level,

4. we aren't in the "life" but we know how to party and that's why we picked TTR because its a party day and night, we are 33 & 31 years old met others older and met others younger some experienced and some first timers there like us, 99% of the people respect what you are or aren't, so if you want to mingle around chatting that will be overly accepted and you will find people even in the life that don't mind just chatting and meeting new people and hanging out. most people can feel people out if they are interested in " bonus stuff" or not and some will just bluntly ask, so never fear don't be offended because some are there for specific reasons but like i said 99% of the people are still gonna chat make friends and you will see that also by doing so you have more eyes on each other like at bash and you have to go the bathroom etc and not dragging your partner with you

hope this helps this is coming from a couple that isnt in the lifestyle but love to party, mingle and just enjoy it, your vacation can be as good as you want it to be or as boring as you want it to be, we found chatting with whom ever came to our table or beside us on the chairs at the pool, in the hot tub, you met people from around the world, at one point we had 3 couples all together around our age and we went to our towels at the pool and there was a man in our chair with his wife beside, we didnt care he was there bc we spent all day in the pool he was friendly and funny offered the chair back 10 times, and they were double our age, they said they were here for his bday, so we seen them again at bash and all 6 of us got shots and did shots with him and his wife, so that explains how we are and the people we did meet are,

give all the respect you are given and more, the world will always pay you back

3. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    1. Maybe. Its a crap shoot, depending on availability. The holiday weekend may make it bleak. Check the resort website for room availability as it gets closer to your date.
    2. No. Reservations not needed except for Hibachi and She. Make those after arrival. Massage you can wait till getting there, doesn't matter when. Pick the day with the worst weather.
    3. Guests don't wear masks anywhere at the resort (except to get covid tested)
    4. No problems. There are outgoing and reserved guests. Majority (?) of guests are not lifestyle as the resort marketing directives have changed the last couple of years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice