first time in cancun

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by manny, Oct 20, 2010.

1. manny

manny Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this is my first time going to cancun :icon_smile:
    staying at the golden parnassus nov 2010
    what should i expect?
    how is the food?
    how much should we tip?
    what is a must do?
    thanks

2. Mike H

Mike H Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've never been to the GP before but from what I've read the food is average to good, lots of it, and 24 hour room service. All fine with me... I'm a lil bummed all they've got beer wise apparently is Dos Equis on tap, but I can live with that once I'm drunk enuff. :icon_biggrin:

I've read that tips are very expected there, and that you can probably expect sub standard service if you never tip, but exceptional service if you make an effort. Personally I'm thinking a buck tossed their way every few drinks. I'm not rich...

Must do's, on my list, get into downtown Cancun and go to the Coco Bongo club Coco Bongo Nightclub Cancun. Cancun meets Vegas!. Last year when we were in Mexico we went to Xel-Ha XelHa | Natural Wonder and absolutely loved it. It was like $70 food and drink inclusive, awesome snorkeling and lots of various wildlife and water activities. We'll probably end up going again this year. Made a great day trip. Otherwise aside from at least one bar expedition and the day trip I'm gonna be chillin by the pool and beach.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice