Few Questions about Cancun in July (advice please!)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by chambers, Mar 3, 2011.

1. chambers

chambers Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey there, so I'm in a group of 5 young adults(25 yr olds) going to Cancun for the first (and hopefully not the last) time from the 12th to the 19th of July.(We are Australian and can't get there till then).
    I did a search for the following questions but some of the answers were years old so I thought some members here could help me out..sorry if you've read a million threads like this, it's just hard to find unbiased or blatantly false information about hotels+recommendations.

*Is Cancun still pretty active in July (US college kids are still on summer break then right?).
    *what would the majority of forum members recommend for a group of 5 young adults as far as an all inclusive hotel deal goes at this time of the year..? I know this site/forum has a connection with Temptation but could people list a top 3 list of AI resorts for young singles?
    *Like most young groups we would like to be in an atmosphere with other young travellers and not so much with older couples and families etc..
    *Is it generally pretty safe in cancun at night on the main nightclub strip?
    *what areas should we avoid or things we should look out for?
    *if there are particular hotels or places to seriously avoid (from personal experience)- please fire away and explain!

Thanks heaps!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  2. cheetah27

cheetah27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We went last year July 7-14th and it was packed. We went out everynight and stayed out til atleast 3 or 4. You wont be disappointed :) I have always felt safe there, just use commen sense :) If you like to party you will have a great time

3. chambers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Cheetah thanks for the reply!
    I noticed you are from Indiana- i went to IU (on exchange for a year)
    Nicest people in the world!
    Can i ask what hotel you guys stayed in and was it a young crowd?
    thanks again!

4. cheetah27

cheetah27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep Im from Indiana. 2006 we stayed at Solymar, we was only there for 5 days, it was ok but nothing was really going on at the resort. 08,09 and last year we stayed at the hotetur. The 1st two times it was ok, the staff was awesome and the other people vacationing there was awesome met alot of people that we still stay in touch. This past summer it was horrible though, same staff and they still worked hard They actually remembered us too. We are not too picky when it comes to the room because we didnt ever spend much time in the room only to sleep and get ready to go out. This time our room was really really hot. They did bring us a fan to help, but all that did was blow around hot air. It was really cheap but wouldnt recommend staying there. This year we are debating on staying at Krystal, one of the palace resorts or ME.

5. chambers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey thanks again for the response,
    Very glad to hear that it's still a good crowd in July- great news.

6. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *Is Cancun still pretty active in July (US college kids are still on summer break then right?).
    It's never not active. Cancun is full of ppl from all over the world year round. There are slower months, July is not one of them

*what would the majority of forum members recommend for a group of 5 young adults as far as an all inclusive hotel deal goes at this time of the year..? I know this site/forum has a connection with Temptation but could people list a top 3 list of AI resorts for young singles?
    RIU Cancun
    RIU Caribe
    Royal Solaris
    Not the best, but for their price they are really good. They are certainly much better then a good handful of places.

*Like most young groups we would like to be in an atmosphere with other young travellers and not so much with older couples and families etc..
    No matter where you go, you will find a mix of ages, and unless you stay at an Adults only, there will be families as well. Don't let any of that be a factor. You are on vacation, have fun no matter who's around. The older crowd and even families can party just as hard as you...maybe harder.

*Is it generally pretty safe in cancun at night on the main nightclub strip?
    You are in a "Pleasentville" type bubble. You find trouble, trouble doesn't find you.

*what areas should we avoid or things we should look out for? Avoid excessive drinking, drugs, prostitues, peeing in public.. you know, use common sense and you will be find.

*if there are particular hotels or places to seriously avoid (from personal experience)- please fire away and explain!
    Honestly, the Oasis chain I think is garbage. There are much better places at the same price.

7. esteban

esteban Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think Tori pretty much stated it perfectly! I went a couple of years ago in late June for the rebreak...and had an awesome time. I did stay at the Oasis (long story, but the price was right) but you will have fun at any of the places listed.

8. chambers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys thanks heaps for the replies,
    yeah i've narrowed it down to the
    *Riu Palace americanas (so we can use the other facilities-i think they're next door to each other including the caribe?)
    *The 'ME by Melia'- seems young but maybe a bit upmarket? We have an unlimited budget but on their promo video they used words like 'hip' and 'fashionable'> my interpretation was rich good looking 30 year old americans?(perhaps a bit too posh)

Tori have you stayed at the solaris?
    And have you also heard anything about 'dreams'- looks good for young adults too.
    I guess as far as a hotel goes we just want to go to the pool/bars and meet lots of people to go out with at night- sounds like the riu might be good for this because of it's location. Sorry to be an info hound but is the Riu Caribe close to the other Riu's?
    I'm assuming tempation is a little more geared towards couples and romance?
    Thanks so much, finding honest reviews about stuff like this is like getting blood from a stone.
    much appreciated.

9. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *Riu Palace americanas (so we can use the other facilities-i think they're next door to each other including the caribe?)
    Caribe is not next door to the other two. It's about a 10 min bus ride

*The 'ME by Melia'- seems young but maybe a bit upmarket? We have an unlimited budget but on their promo video they used words like 'hip' and 'fashionable'> my interpretation was rich good looking 30 year old americans?(perhaps a bit too posh)
    I would never pay to stay there. To me it's like the Ritz. Feels like a posh hotel back home...skip it!

Tori have you stayed at the solaris?
    I have stayed at the Royal Solaris and I really like it there. I have friends arriving Thursday and that's where they are staying. I also have friends that work at the GR Solaris

And have you also heard anything about 'dreams'- looks good for young adults too.
    My work has a contract there. It's a good mix. Very nice place, but not stuffy at all

I guess as far as a hotel goes we just want to go to the pool/bars and meet lots of people to go out with at night- sounds like the riu might be good for this because of it's location. Sorry to be an info hound but is the Riu Caribe close to the other Riu's?
    Being next to the clubs should not be a factor at all. Buses and taxis run 24/7. Let that not be what makes you choose there.

I'm assuming tempation is a little more geared towards couples and romance?
    Temp is a mix, and those that are hardcore Temp ppl would not recommend anywhere else. If you are into a crazy day and night and lots of sexual inuendoes and games, choose there. Most people that stay there maybe only go out one night cause the hotel offers alot of entertainment.

10. chambers

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Tori,
    thanks once again.
    If you had the choice of the Riu Cancun or the Riu Palace Americanas as a group of 25 year olds which one would you pick? Do you reckon it's easy for hop on over each day to the Riu Cancun pool from Palace americanas if the crowd at palace americanas seems a bit older? We don't care about how close it is to the clubs we just want to make sure there are people our age staying there/using the pool so we can meet people...
    What would you say is the best thing about GR solaris for a group of 25 year olds like my group?
    (don't answer these if you don't have time)
    Thankyou so much this is soooo helpful you have no idea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice