February Bump

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Bjm2932, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Bjm2932

Bjm2932 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone. My GF and I will be heading to the Golden at the end of February(Feb. 20th). Between reading the forum here and trip advisor I am well aware of the chance of them trying to bump guests to The Great. In prepping for the trip I was wondering if anybody has had success in staying at the Golden even when they are told they will be bumped. If the situation happens to us, I'm hoping that being polite or handing over some cash to the front desk staff might help. If all else fails hopefully a call to the travel agent will sort things out. Thanks in advance for any help!

2. robndiane

robndiane Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +93 / 0
    We're getting there on 3/4/14 and are worried about the bump. I've read that some couples have been bumped to Temptations, which I would not hesitate to accept. But that doesn't seem to be the trend anymore as everyone is bumped to the Great. It also seems that trips booked through particular travel agencies (i.e. Apple, etc.) have a higher "bump" rate. We booked ours through Orbitz and I don't know if that's a good thing or bad.

Good luck!

3. Bjm2932

Bjm2932 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will certainly try to remember to let you know how we make out with our stay. I will also try to get an overall feel for if people are getting bumped and if so, where to.

4. fun4us

fun4us Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +941 / 2
    We got the dreaded bump last year when we checked in at the Golden. All seven days sent to the Great. I think you will be okay during February. We went during March, which is their peak, with the spring break crowd coming to Cancun. We booked with Expedia. Seemed like couples booking with Apple were better off. Everyone was being told they were getting bumped, but when all said no, suddenly the resort found rooms for Apple customers. Be firm, but if you get bumped, fight it with your booking company. We fought with Expedia and the Parnassus resorts, and received a full refund for our hotel stay. Good luck to everyone. Book TTR, never been bumped yet, and a hell of a lot better party.

P.S. you will not be given the choice of going to Temptation, they are not affiliated. We would have gladly accepted TTR as the alternative.

5. Drew2cancun

Drew2cancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im debating a quick 5-7 night stay at the end of feb.... Any long tome gp visitors feel like "the secret" is out? Might be time to find the next hidden gem.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice