Feb 4-10 2011 GP rookies looking for advice.

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Matt and Amber, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Matt and Amber

Matt and Amber Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    My wife and I will be visiting GP for the first time Feb 4-10/2011. We have been to Temptation twice before in 09 and had a blast both times. We are just looking for something a little different this time (like a real beach with real waves). On our past visits to TTR we went with other groups of friends but this time it’s just her and I. We both really enjoyed the fact that she could go thong's only in the pool. And dress more sexy during the evening. Our hopes are GP will be the fun of TTR without some of the raunchiness and "propositions" from other guests. Because we don’t' "swing" that way. We just like to have fun, dress sexy and not have others thinking that means anything more. We haven’t booked yet but I'm finding on alpharooms.com we can book a club room now for $208 a night. That sounds like a good price to me even considering TTR is 174 a night the same week on DHR.com. Let me know if we have the correct expectations of this place. More tamed down than TTR but dress code at the pool is similar and just as much party fun to be had day and night. Regardless it will be a great week and I'm sure we will meet lots of new friends. And what about that swim up bar when are they putting that in??? I've heard rumors its coming soon.

2. Matt and Amber

Matt and Amber Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    This sounds about perfect then. TTR has a lot of fun games to watch during the day, but most are just on the other side of that line that we choose not to participate but like I said fun as hell to watch. The Tiki bar sounds just about right for us at night usually we are passed out by midnight anyhow so going out on the town has never been a big deal to us. Most of the day we are bellied up to the swim up bar seeing how many cheep Tequila shots we can get in. Mostly because it’s hard to get drinks fast enough if your anywhere else in the pool. After reading all the review of how great the service is at GP I'm guessing we won't miss the swim up bar one bit. how about photographs I'm guessing the same rules as TTR click away just be respectful of who is on the other side of the lens. I'm not looking to get a million topless photos of other guests but I enjoy taking pics of my wife. I was a little hesitant thinking we may leave ourselves wanting after being to TTR twice but the more I hear is this is exactly what we are looking. Tamed down but the same sexy atmosphere is acceptible. Mostly couples takes away the horny little boys looking to see boobs factor. Any suggestions on getting out of the Time Share trap I managed to escape it at TTR and I plan on skipping it here as well. Vacation time is too valuable to be part of a 3 hr infomercial. Thanks for the infomation, vacations are always more enjoyable if your expectations are set correctly going in.

3. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +349 / 1
    perfect review

4. sand52man

sand52man Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So kids are allowed at GP?

5. bretthexum

bretthexum Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +745 / 0
    Kids are allowed at GREAT Parnassus, not GOLDEN Parnassus. They are sister resorts.

6. sand52man

sand52man Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    o ok. sweet. Sounds like a fun place.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice