Favorite Day & Time To Arrive?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by McAwesome, Jan 17, 2021.

1. McAwesome

McAwesome Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +361 / 0
    For all you multi-timers... if your options were endless ... what day of the week would you choose to arrive to TTR and what time of day?

2. lakeboy22

lakeboy22 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +442 / 0
    That is an interesting question. Never done it but I would say Thursday before noon. Get a day to break in. Then do a Boobs Cruise on Friday. Meet some new friends and role right into the weekend. Weekends are more high energy. Lol so you will still have your I can conquer anything attitude. Recover on Monday and party hard your last 2 nights.

3. SheBop

SheBop Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    I like to arrive on Wednesday just shortly after lunchtime. The resort is more low key during the week and I enjoy a couple of days to get some sun and relaxation in before the weekend party starts. I usually will then head home on Tuesday after a couple more low key and recovery days. Regardless of when you arrive, I’ve heard there is a quiet pool you may visit to get additional down time during the day if you need it. Not sure where that is at though. Haha!!

4. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Depends on what theme nights you want. We normally do 10 nights...Monday through the next Thursday so there are at least two lingerie nights. And we are there for more than a week but only one weekend ( so we only miss one summer weekend at the lake back home)

This year we are going from Thursday ( June 10) to a Tuesday (June 22). We are doing this to accommodate a big birthday celebration and to get a glow night/pool party. Also, to see our June Junkies family in full. I figured since we will be there two weekends..might as well throw in an extra day or two.

We started going to Cancun several years ago and would do a Saturday to a Saturday. Then we did a Tuesday to a Wednesday. Traveling in the week and going through customs is so much nicer.

As a basic rule...the earlier you get to customs, the faster you will get through. Seems like if we can land around noon or 1 pm the lines are fairly short. Last time we arrived on a Monday, late, at 230 pm and it took almost 3 hours to clear customs in Cancun. From our home airport the earliest we can get there is around 1230.

If you get an early flight make sure to contact the resort and get an early check in, if they can accommodate, if not they appreciate the advanced warning. I think check in is 3 pm

We also do a late check out, leave the resort at noon. No packing the night before or having to get up early.

5. FFC/WBA

FFC/WBA Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +573 / 0
    We like to arrive 8am on Sunday, then same time Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday...well whole year really... not fussed as long as we stay at least 7 days and more hopefully 14 days.... avoiding check out is the hardest thing.........

6. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    If you are flying out of DIA there are a couple of directs that will get you there in about 4 hours, in Cancun, just before 1 pm (Frontier and United). If you don't mind leaving around 1:30 am, getting a connection, and traveling for 7 or 8 hours I think you can be in Cancun around 930 am. I don't believe that Frontier has business or first class. I think they have a returning flight to Denver around 1:55 pm. Four hours of flight and home for supper (if you live around Denver).

7. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,850 / 5
    Prefer to get into CUN somewhere around noon as Customs seems easiest before 2pm. This then leads to potentially “waiting” for a room once you get to TTR so be prepared for that with your suits packed in carryons or you can use the time to negotiate a room upgrade? As for the day, we prefer to get in on Thursday or Friday and stay till following Sunday To get a full week plus extra weekend days. Beware, this can be tough on your body (and livers) so plan accordingly (especially if there is a BC or two in there!!). Leaving on Sunday can be a challenge in Customs and we have not found the perfect time to get through easily. Hit or miss it seems. Plus the new testing requirements could have that even more messed up. One thing - don’t lose that little immigration card they give you on arrival (stick it in your passport). It will cost you$25 or so and an hour if you do.

8. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    We always come in on a Wednesday around 2 to 3 pm. We get checked in and then grab a bite to eat. Get our suits on and hit the pool for a couple of hours.. try to not get bit by the first day curse and make it to Bash to party..

9. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 1
    Another thing to consider is cost flying out. We preferred Thursday thru next Saturday (10 day)
    But ended up saving 500$ on a package deal by flying out Monday returning on next Wednesday. Couldn’t pass that up.

10. WnC

WnC Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 0
    We normally take a red eye out of SFO and arrive as early as possible. This avoids long custom lines.

We try to come in on Friday or Saturday.

This year all as charged. Come in Wednesday afternoon and leave the following Wednesday. Allows for a direct flight in and a lay over in Houston on the way back to clear customs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice